Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone had uterus thickness??😭

Options
melania
melania Member Posts: 12

Hello sisters!

Please help i freaked out. I was diagnosed in 2010When i was 38. I had dmx and chemo and radiation and i had hormon blockers for total of 10 years( 5 years Arimidex 5 years Tamoxifen) cancer free since then. I stopped Tamoxifen last year. I never had my period since chemo and the meds put me on chemical menopause. I am 50 now.

On Saturday I started having a period which felt like my regular periods but it got very heavy the next day. Yesterday I met the gyno they did an ultrasound and my uterus lining was thick(8 mm) they said might b polyp but since tamoxifen is a risk factor can b something else😬😬😬 so they did a biopsy and im waiting for results😭😭. Did anyone have the same issue???

Comments

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited October 2022
    Options

Melania yes it isn't uncommon for those of us on Tamoxifen for any extended time to develop uterine thickening. Sounds like at 8mm you are just at the cusp of when they want to evaluate things via biopsy. I had that done this year as a matter of fact. Had a lightish period after two years of nothing so that woke everyone up.

I am assuming there were no other issues noted during your pelvic ultrasound such as fibroids, etc. Glad your biopsy is already done and hope you hear benign results soon.

Since I had this episode myself after four years in, I did ask my oncological gynecologist given my benign results if he was comfortable with me staying on Tamoxifen for another 1-5 years. He was as long as I was monitored.

• melania
    melania Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thank you for your reply!

I hope it will be B-9. She said if its polyp they have to do hysteroscopy and look into it and clean it i guess. But I am ok with that. thank you