Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

PR+, ER+, HER2- Waiting on Oncotype DX Results & Pathology

Options
2»

Comments

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421
    Options

Concerned, try and enjoy the weekend ,there is nothing you can do about the results now. You need a nice clear head when discussing possible teratments ahead . A pen and a notebook can help keep you in charge of the meeting. e.g. Can you say that slowly /again so I can write it down? I hope you get your questions answered on Monday. We will be thinking of you.

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 889
    Options

concernedaboutresults, I'm glad the oncotype is back and you can discuss a treatment plan on Monday.

• concernedaboutresults
    Options

My recurrence score is 11, distance recurrence risk at 9 with AI or TAM alone is 3% from TAILORx, and group average absolute chemotherapy benefit is < 1% from TAILORx. I was told that I won't need chemo and will start on Femara (Letrozole) as soon the Rx gets filled. I need to go look some stuff up to see what all this means.

• maggie15
    Options

Good news! You don't need chemo since the chance it would help is less than 1%. If you take letrozole or another AI the chance that you will have a metastatic recurrence in the next 9 years is 3% (based on the results from the TAYLORx clinical trial, now considered standard of care.) It's great to get a score in the low risk range.

• concernedaboutresults
    Options

So, I had the mapping for radiation treatment today. The RO told me that I indeed do have a seroma and that it's probably going to resolve on it's own because it is not too big.

• maggie15
    Options

Good news that the seroma is small. I hope radiation goes well.