Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MBC Approved Treatments, Dealing with Side Effects, and More

Options
bestbird
bestbird Member Posts: 232

Are you facing a treatment change and questioning what drug may be next on the list? Dealing with treatment-related side effects? Or wondering about cutting-edge research?

If you answered Yes to any of these and want science-based information at your fingertips, read my book, "The Insider's Guide to Metastatic Breast Cancer" which is also available as a complimentary .pdf on my website www.insidersguidembc.com. The Guide is up-to-date as of Jan. 4, 2023 and includes the latest research from SABCS 2022.

After four years of updating the Guide, personal health issues preclude me from continuing to do so and the final edition is dated Jan. 4, 2023. That said, I hope you'll start the new year with helpful information at your fingertips!

Here's the latest review on Amazon from a reader:

"This book is so important in my research of MBC. I use it when compiling information on a new drug as well as when I am struggling with a side effect. The author provides straight forward info in the style of a person who understands what a patient needs to know. I am at a loss to tell you exactly how it is different, but it is. If you have MBC and are looking for a source of genuine information I highly recommend this book."

With best wishes.

Comments

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,735
    Options

Dear Anne,

What an incredibly important legacy project you have undertaken!!!, thank you for the (thankless) task of keeping up with all the changes and making this MBC treatment world make sense to those who need it the most. I wish you luck dealing with your own personal medical issues!!!

• mikainsb
    mikainsb Member Posts: 32
    Options

thank you

• bestbird
    Options

cure-ious, thank you so much for your kind words, and I hope that the Guide has been useful and helped spare patients and caregivers from hours of doing their own research.

Best wishes to you!

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

Bestbird, thank you so much for the gift of this book, it has been so very useful to me. And thank you for all you have done to help breast cancer patients with the other projects you worked on.

Wishing you the best possible outcome with your own health issues.

• bestbird
    Options

olma61, thank you so much for your thoughtful words and kind message!

• newgardener
    newgardener Member Posts: 97
    Options

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues Bestbird.

Your publication has been such a wonderful resource for so many years. I can't count how many versions I've read, or have recommended to others. Thank you for taking the time to compile such a cross section of relevant information for MBC patients.

Take care & thank you.

• bestbird
    Options

newgardener, posts such as yours mean the world to me. It's wonderful to hear that the Guide has been a helpful resource, and I hope that at some point in the future treatment will improve to the point that books such as mine will no longer be needed.

Best wishes to you!

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 188
    Options

Anne thank you so much for producing this wonderful guide. I can only guess at the amount of time and effort that you have put into this project that is so very helpful to the mbc community. Saddened to hear that you are struggling. I think of you often and send healing virtual hugs

• bestbird
    Options

chico, thank you so much for your lovely note and words of support. Indeed, over the years thousands of hours have been spent, and I am glad they were worthwhile.

With hugs and best wishes.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,086
    Options

Bestbird- I have your book dated "updated March 1, 2019". I think I downloaded an updated PDF after that also. Thank you for offering another updated PDF. I do like a book the best, something I can hold in my hand and dogear the pages, make notes, highlight, etc. How can I get another copy of the latest book?

I have also listened to your presentations from time to time on webinars.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your health.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 963
    Options

Dear Anne,

Thank you for this treasure. I bought a hard copy on Amazon a few years ago and now just downloaded your latest update. I so appreciate your knowledge and generosity. I hope that the good work you have done brings you satisfaction as you face your health challenges. Wishing you all the best.

• bestbird
    Options

candy-678, it is easier to have a book than a .pdf, although both are useful! Here's a link to the book (paperback and eBook) on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Insiders-Guide-Metastatic-B...=sr_1_1?crid=25I5UF5379963&keywords=the+insiders+guide+to+metastatic+breast+cancer&qid=1673366029&sprefix=the+insider%27s+guide+to+metastat%2Caps%2C124&sr=8-1

I like to recommend that when the paperback is purchased, the .pdf is downloaded because on the .pdf you can click on links and see the related information instead of keying it in.