Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

DX Mammo/Ultrasound results

Options
daniellevmt
daniellevmt Member Posts: 4
edited February 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello,

44-year-old woman here. I found a large lump a couple of days after Christmas. I had a diagnostic mammogram/ultrasound yesterday and despite really wanting the radiologist to come through the door and say “it’s def a cyst!”, he said the exact opposite. “It’s def not a cyst”.

Waiting for them to schedule a needle biopsy and I find my brain spinning out of control. Was hoping maybe to gain a bit of levity by posting here. Here are some of my results:

BI-RADS® ATLAS category (left): 4B - Moderate Suspicion for Malignancy
BI-RADS® ATLAS category (right): 1 - Negative

Left

Mass: There is a high density, irregularly shaped mass with spiculated
margins seen in the upper outer quadrant of the left breast at 1 o'clock
in the posterior depth. The mass correlates with the palpable mass noted
during physical examination. There are also associated punctate
calcifications.

TECHNIQUE: Targeted left breast ultrasound.

FINDINGS:
Left breast ultrasound was targeted to the upper outer quadrant where a
lump as described.

There is an irregular noncystic 2.72 x 2.11 x 1.81 cm mass in the 12-1:00
position. Limited scanning through the left axilla fails to show any bulky
adenopathy

Thank you in advance and sending everyone love.

Danielle

Comments

• monarchandthemilkweed
    Options

Waiting is the hardest part. I’ve had a birads 4b twice. Once it wasn’t cancer (a papilloma with other things throw in ) and the second time it was cancer. 4b is right in the middle. So yours could go either way. I’m sorry, I wish I could reassure you better. The best thing to do is stay off Google and do things that are fun and/or relax you while you wait. Do you have your biopsy scheduled yet

• daniellevmt
    Options

thank you so much for this. I appreciate the honest reply. and you are absolutely right. I have cried so much today. and I’m not a crier and don’t generally worry much about health, so I’m shocked at my response.

My gynecologist just called and talked to me for quite a spell which was much appreciated. He has sent the referral in to a neighboring breast care center, he thinks that I’ll get biopsied quicker and get results faster there. Hoping to hear from them tomorrow.

Thank you so much again for your response, means more than you know.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 762
    Options

daniellevmnt I'm so sorry that you are faced the stress of a biopsy. I hope they get you in quickly to help ease your mind. I am so glad to hear that you found it and it's being addressed. It's definitely a tough spot to be in but you will make it through by taking one day at a time! Keep as busy as possible and yes Dr Google is a blessing and a curse at times. I always say we can't change what is potentially there but we can try to change the way we handle it.

Sending positive vibes and good wishes for a negative result. Hugs.

• monarchandthemilkweed
    Options

Do let us know when you get your biopsy scheduled. Glad your dr was able to talk to you! My first birads 4b (the one that wasn’t cancer) was found when I was pregnant. And the dr of radiology literally said the same thing- I don’t know what that is but it’s not a cyst. At that facility they wereable to biopsy THAT day. Hopefully this time goes fast for you. Hang in there!

• daniellevmt
    Options

I had my biopsy and results came back today “questionable for malignancy”. So, on to a lumpectomy, which will be Thursday. So much waiting.

• cookie54
    Options

daniellevent So sorry that your biopsy is questionable for malignancy of course not what we wanted to hear .Glad you are getting lumpectomy this week. Everything feels like it moves in slow motion during this, we all understand. Sending a big hug and good wishes for a successful lumpectomy.

• concernedaboutresults
    Options

Hi Daniellevmt. I'm sorry you have to be here and that the results weren't what you hoped for. I have found a lot of support here, and I feel less alone as I go through this crazy medical situation. As others have said, waiting for results is the hardest part for me. Good luck tomorrow with your lumpectomy.

• daniellevmt
    Options

Just wanted to update!

It’s IDC, HR+, HER2-. I go back in next week for sentinel node biopsy and lumpectomy revision (margins weren’t clear the first time).

Frightened but hopeful. Thank you for your help & sending everyone love & strength.

• cookie54
    Options

Ugh daniellevmt I'm sorry it was positive, it just plain stinks! Yes always remain hopeful as there are so many treatments that are available that were not around years ago. Naturally you will be scared ,as you travel down this path and get a plan of attack that will lessen. Continue to take it one step at a time and you will get there.

Also sending you love and strength and positive vibes. Hugs