Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Monday MBC Zoom thread place to keep chatting

moderators
moderators Posts: 7,816

This is a space held for our Monday MBC Zoom Meetup members to catch up in between meetups.

To join the weekly virtual support group, Mondays at 2pm ET, please register here.

Tagged:

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,551

illimae here, welcome Monday zoomers!

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 102

Hi all! Sorry I had to leave early today. Hope everyone has a good week.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,656

Kris here. Great meeting today. Sorry you had to leave too, Fay.

Mae, so glad you’re feeling better and had a good weekend in your beach bar.

• silviah
    silviah Member Posts: 35

Hi - it's Asemo. I'm so glad I was told about these meetings! I know I've only been to a few, but it has made a huge difference in my weepiness (is that even a word?? lol) I really appreciate you all!!

• moderators

Hi all! We apologize -- in thinking about creating these threads, we actually thought it might be more practical to have all groups (Monday, Tues, Wednesday) to post on the same thread. This way, if you attend more than one meeting, you won't have to submit any updates to more than one thread to reach all of your friends. AND, you may even meet some other members and get additional support from others you don't see in your usual meetup.

You can connect with everyone on the existing MBC Zoom Meetup thread here: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

We'll lock this thread and remove the other 2 separate threads now! Thanks for your understanding and sorry again for the whiplash!

--The Mods

• illimae

Just popping in to share yesterdays scan results. MRI, CT Body and Bone scan reveal no active cancer anywhere 😃

see you all next week!

• moderators

GREAT news, @illimae! Thank you for letting us know! ❤️

• illimae

Our mamma deer finally brought some babies to the yard, here’s one of the little cuties.

• kbl

Beautiful, Mae. We get babies as well. One of our mommas had hers in our yard, and we saw it the next day. After that, she hid it and brought it back when it was bigger.

Yours look different than mine. Probably because they don’t have as much hair here.

• illimae

KBL, ours are Mule deer, white tails rarely come up this high. Yours is beautiful.

Here’s my Ravens too.

• kbl
    edited September 2023

That’s too funny, Mae. I said to my husband that they kind of look like they have donkey hair. That’s so cool.

That picture looks like a painting. What a beautiful view.

• kbl
    edited October 2023

Here is the She Shed my husband built for me that I talked about today with a plug and ceiling fan as well. It’s 12x12.

• kbl

And this is basically my view.

• illimae

DH sure is handy Kris, looks like great place to hang out too!

• kbl

Thank you, Mae. He is always making something. Lol. He laid the cement pad and screened it too because no one wanted to screen something they didn’t build. Haha.

Here is his latest creation from a portion of one of our trees that he planes himself.

He also just repainted our whole house. He is always on the go.

• moderators

GREAT space, KBL! Restful!

• kbl

Thank you. Very restful when my husband’s not blowing by me with his noisy tractor. Lolol.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2023

Kbl - your she shed looks really nice, and the screens are a must. Your husband sounds like mine - he suffers from can't-sit-still-itis. I've never had that affliction! Lol

• kbl

@seeq You’ve got that right. I’ve never had that affliction either. Haha. I see him at lunch and dinner and the occasional time where he needs a break and sits in my She Shed with me for five minutes. It’s really hysterical to watch. If I need him to do something for me, he’ll stop what he’s doing in a heartbeat and help. If I want to go for a walk, he’ll stop and come with me. I like that.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,068

Kbl - we're both retired and I see him for a bit late morning/lunch, then again at dinnertime. He always there if I needed him and works hard to keep us active and entertained - besides all his projects. Lol

• kbl

SeeQ, they sound a lot alike, except mine comes in and usually sits down after dinner and falls asleep for a little while. Hahahaha.

• kbl

@illimae I wanted to thank you for letting me know about the Tamoxifen rage today. It’s definitely not like my brother to get that way, so he kind of downplayed it like he was just a little more cranky. I will do some research and see if he would be open to switching. I’m his baby sister, so he probably won’t listen.