Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage 4- Docetaxol (Taxotere) Treatment

Options

Comments

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902
    Options

@mls1 yeah, I am icing hands and feet, too. Fingers are so sore. Hurts to touch the tops of each nail. But seems like a small price to pay if the chemo is killing cancer.

Thanks for responding to my nail question!

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Day 6 of treatment #8– starting the crappy days of treatment. Sigh

Couldn’t sleep through the night last night. Nauseous. Diarrhea. This cycle fingernails are really sore and nails are lifting. Painful

Took a Zofran and Lomotil this morning

Hoping to feel better in a week. Also hoping cancer is being killed off.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

@mls1 — how was your recent scan?
    Do you know what treatment you will start after your 3 month break?

Are you seeing improvements from Docetaxol side effects?

If my blood work is ok, treatment 9 will be next week.

• mls1
    mls1 Member Posts: 73
    Options

dodgersgirl, I get the results of the scan tomorrow.
    I still have dry skin, neuropathy and my nails are weak and thin (I’m losing the nails on both big toes) but my hair is growing back and I no longer feel like I’m wading through cold molasses.

I am in awe of you, there is no way I could have done the 9th cycle. I am willing to go another 8 cycles of it now though………..better the devil you know lol.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

@mls1 — in your pocket for scan results.

Thanks for the update. Feel like I am about to lose the fingernail on my first finger. And all my fingers are so tender.

• mls1
    Options

scans showed me still stable. I have an appointment on Thursday with my oncologist but unless she says anything different I have another 3 months off.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,034
    Options

Great to hear, mis1!

• dodgersgirl
    Options

@mls1 — great news! Woot Woot

• dodgersgirl
    Options

I passed the lab work. Numbers are all acceptable so Treatment 9 is tomorrow.

MO said 3 more treatments then we will scan again to see if I continue on this treatment.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

Good Luck Dodgersgirl.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Thanks @nkb

• dodgersgirl
    Options

day 4 after treatment 9– still not sleeping at night. Sure the steroids are a contributing factor. Tonight will be final dose of steroids for this treatment.

Fingernails are still lifting and painful.

Once I can stop taking Zofran and/or Compazine every 4 four hours, look forward to sleeping at night.

Blood sugar is still too high due to chemo and steroids so continue taking insulin shots before meals, when needed.

Once these days pass, the diarrhea and nausea take over for days.

It is what it is. Hope it’s still a treatment giving me more time.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Day 4- 6 1/2 hours of sleep last night. Felt wonderful!

• mls1
    Options

dodgersgirl, you’re a warrior!
    I’m getting bloodwork done every 6 weeks and a scan beginning of October and will probably be going back on docetaxel for the winter

• dodgersgirl
    Options

@MLS1- I found that taking a Claritin each morning has helped with bone pains from chemo.

still find the steroids kill my blood sugar. First few treatments, I worked too hard to eat low carb to reduce the need for insulin shots. I need food so just eat what I can tolerate and take shots as needed. Once I finitthe steroids the need for shots drops way off. Still avoid folic acid foods to reduce risk of HFS.

Let me know how scans go and if you return to this treatment.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Day 6 of this treatment. Diarrhea and nausea hit hard this morning. Also having a real hard time keeping SpO2 numbers up. Ranging between 71 to 88 for the last 45 mins. Not fun. This should be the start of the “bad” week of treatment. Sigh.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Day 7– Nine BMs yesterday. Low SpO2 all day yesterday. Chemo wobbly legs all day. Had trouble getting myself out of recliner yesterday. Slept last night.

So far this morning SpO2 is still low. Hanging around 83. Some nausea and big D. Blood sugar dropped so had to drink orange juice.

• nkb
    Options

Hi Dodger- I'm sorry for your side effects- do you get supplemental oxygen ? seems really low.

Hugs to you

• dodgersgirl
    Options

@nkb - yes, I wear oxygen 24/7. Never had it be this low all day. Wondering if reading is inaccurate do to nails lifting on my fingers?

• nkb
    Options

says hand should be warm and no nail polish, keep finger still until reading settles - maybe try different fingers and see if your results are similar.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

@nkb - I do have clear coat polish on else my nails split, crack, and crumble. I may have to remove polish on one nail to see if my readings show better. Thanks

• nkb
    Options

I need it too for my nails with enhertu.

it says black blue and green are the worse, followed by purple and red. same wavelength or something.

didn't mention clear. I never thought to warm hand before use, also hand below heart and still.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

@nkb —yes, always make sure fingers are warm and sit still with hands below heart. I let the monitor reach a number and still remain still to see if number changes. Just frustrated as numbers never really remained so low for so much time.

Thanks again for sharing.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Start of Day 9- BM numbers slowed to 3 yesterday. Today should mark the lows of Nadir and hopefully, today and each day til next chemo continues to improve.

Slept most of the night. Got really cold around midnight and added a light weight blanket.

Will see what today brings

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Day 11— if I wasn’t so fatigued, I think I could post things are improving as I got past Nadir. No energy at all today. Hemoglobin and RBC must still be low.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Day 13/Treatment 9– still had to take 1 Zofran this morning for nausea. A few Big D events. Lomotil and Pepto Bismal helping for now.

SpO2 levels are good, once again. Staying around 96 on 2L of oxygen. Big improvement over last week’s numbers

For now, one day at a time and moving forward

• nkb
    Options

Great news about the SpO2 levels! must feel better to have more O2!

• dodgersgirl
    Options

@nkb — thanks. Breathing is a definite plus.

I think it means last week my SpO2 numbers were “low” for real because my nails are still lifting yet my readings are 96 and above. Good to know.

• dodgersgirl
    edited July 2023
    Options

day 17 treatment 9—was hit by the sleepy bus today. All I wanted to do was sleep. Eyes are burning and am really cold (no fever). I took a couple of naps today. Hope I sleep tonight

Was really nauseous this morning but that finally passed after having bone broth for lunch.

• mls1
    Options

how are you doing dodgersgirl, did you go for cycle 10?
    The longer I’m off treatment the more I dread going back.