Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dimple/inversion.. ultrasound tomorrow.

Options
nanixdani
nanixdani Member Posts: 2
edited February 2023 in Waiting for Test Results

In 2021, I noticed that my nipple was inverted. There was some intense pain for a couple of weeks in that nipple, but the pain went away. I felt for lumps but never did a breast exam correctly. (I just recently learned that I had been doing them wrong) About a month ago, I noticed dimpling in that same breast close to my nipple. I only noticed it because it made my breast look flat where it should have been round. I wasn’t even concerned, just thought it was weird. When I told my best friend (a nurse), she pushed me to get an exam done. Having her make a big deal out of it did cause me to worry. The NP wasn’t concerned about the inversion, but then saw the dimpling and ordered an ultrasound.

I know the symptoms I’ve had can be caused by many other things and we’ll only know for sure after testing. I’m only looking for women who have been diagnosed after having those symptoms or for women who had those symptoms and found out it was a cyst/something benign rather than cancer. I’d like to hear about your experiences.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,928
    Options

Dear nanixdani ,

We wanted to send you a warm welcome to the BCO Discussion Forums. We're sorry your current concerns have brought you here, but glad you found us! Here's a link you might find interesting while you wait for others to respond to your post: Common Imaging Questions.

Hope this helps. Please, update us after your ultrasound and let us know what you learn.

Thinking of you,

The Mods

• nanixdani
    nanixdani Member Posts: 2
    Options

the ultrasound tech said they may call be back for a mammogram, that they couldn’t do one today because they didn’t have an order from my NP. I’m not sure if this means she saw something worrisome or if she couldn’t get a clear view and they just need a better image.

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 863
    Options

nanixdani: A callback for other imaging generally means they would like a better view. Sometimes one type of imaging shows more than another (it could be either one that is more clear) so they do both. For insurance purposes they have to get an order from your provider, hence the wait. Best wishes for a benign result.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

callbacks are scary no matter what the cause. I can’t tell you how many I have had and I’m the poster person for worrying so it was much worse waiting in my case.. It could be a myriad of reasons but I understand your mind goes to the worst one. There is nothing we can say to allay your fears except to encourage you to stay as busy as possible. Also maybe a med that would relax you would help.

Keep the faith and keep us posted.

Diane