Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Osteopenia on Bone Density

Options
2»

Comments

• concernedaboutresults
    Options

I know it's been a while since I responded to this thread. I am taking my calcium and d3 on the regular. My MO wasn't thrilled about me declining the Prolia. He told me that if I moved from the osteopenia to osteoporosis by my next dexa scan at the 2 year mark, I would have to cease letrozole and start tamoxifen. I think he will have to convince me at that point because I've been post-menopausal for at least 10 years. I don't make any estrogen in all my labs for at least that long. I can't understand how tamoxifen would be of any benefit. Anyway, I hope I am not making a mistake because I have a 4 level fusion in my neck and if that fails, well that's not going to be good for my quality of life. The last few days I've been having new knee pain and not sure that's a thing.

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 388
    edited January 10
    Options

Hi Concerned. My ALP started gradually increasing this last year and considering my DEXA score had me at osteopenia, we think it's my bone mass decreasing so I started zolodrenic acid infusions. No real side effects to speak of that I can tell. What is the reason you are declining Prolia? If the side effects worry you, is there something else you could take to help with bone mass because a osteoporosis isn't something you want to mess with.

• concernedaboutresults
    Options

I don't know if there is something else I could take. I take calcium and D3 and try to get sunlight in daily when the weather is good. I will ask at my next appointment. It is good to know that the labs could indicate some problems too. My labs have been generally perfect which is good news.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

I've been going to the gym and getting on the elliptical for 30-45 min doing the fat burner workout. Then I go on a weight machine to work your lower back muscles. That is where I show the most osteopenia so I'm hoping all this helps with my next scan in 2025. I was walking from 1-4 miles 3x a week and that didn't really help much. I go off of Arimidex on 12/20/24 after 10 years, so I'll have to get another prolia shot in spring of 2025 with the scan most likely in July.