Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pale Stool

Options

Ok, can someone give me some good reasons for Pale stools. Dr Google is not helping. I have clay like stool. I had it before about 4 months ago, and my doctor added ca19 to my tests. It was normal last December. In the last week, almost daily I have one bout of very pale stool and I don't like Dr Google. I have messaged my doctor but I wanted to know if anyone has had any similar experience that turned out to be normal.

Comments

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    Options

blah

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Had my GB removed in January no problems. Never had pale stool but my liver enzymes were off and they couldn't determine a mass at the fundus. Turned out to be a gallstone. Been 2 months and I feel fine and can eat what I want.

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,245
    edited March 2023
    Options

Medications and diet can affect stool; don't forget supplements, things like metamucil, etc.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,124
    edited April 2023
    Options

I had my gallbladder removed in 2004 and had pale poo about 5 years ago. I was panicked, it looked as if I had just had a barium study. Called my gastroenterologist. He asked if I had pain? No, was I nauseated? No, then he said don't worry about it. If you start to have abdominal pain or nausea or if it stays pale call me, otherwise you will be fine!" No issues since.

I hope this helps.

• aram
    aram Member Posts: 320
    edited April 2023
    Options

hey all, I got the answer. It is my Calcium which I was prescribed for my osteoporosis (most probably caused by lack of estrogen). My oncologist said pale stools are worrisome if they are accompanied by urine that is the color of black tea. I reduced my calcium intake and it seems OK now.