Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Recurrence with Grade 1

Options

Wondering if anyone has had a recurrence with early stage grade 1 cancer? I usually see folks on here with recurrence after being diagnosed with grade 2 or 3. Just curious because I don't see it much in the literature for grade 1

Comments

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 428
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'm Grade1 metastatic. So yes I'm sure it happens. 1st dx in 2008. Then 2017 dx in bone. Drs said I have 20 yrs. 6 down. Been pretty easy.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,865
    Options

I was grade 1 in 2011. In May 2022 I was dx with pleural effusion caused by a bone met. So far I'm doing well.

• bennybear
    bennybear Member Posts: 245
    Options

grade 1 in 2010 with a grade 2 local recurrence in 2018 and another grade two in my other breast 2023

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,763
    Options

I was also metastatic with a grade 1 tumor as the was lovely matching bone lesion. Although not a common scenario recurrence can occur even in a low grade tumor. I know this may be hard to hear but bc comes with no guarantees nor straight forward paths for many of us.

• dontwantthis
    dontwantthis Member Posts: 17
    Options

I was grade 1 in 2007, diagnosed with grade 1 again in 2021 (same breast, almost the same area). In 2007 I had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. In 2021 I had a dmx with implants. The cancer breast implant had a capsular contracture, so 2 weeks ago I had a lap flap surgery.

Are you like me, I'm so sure it's going to come back again, and nothing ever seems to go right.

Best of luck to you!