Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for biopsy… again.

Options
lizzysunflower
lizzysunflower Member Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Benign Breast Conditions

Hello,

I am 32 with a history of multiple fibroadenomas. The largest of my 4 was biopsied and it came back benign in 2020. Fast forward to present day, they have found a 5th hypo-echoic mass with angular margins and I need another biopsy. This one gives me a bad feeling because the margins are completely different than my other tumors. The radiologist marked it as a B-Rad 4 while my last biopsied mass was 4c.

Has anyone with a history of fibroadenomas had a malignant parallel hypoechoic mass with angular margins?

I'm just trying to get more information because I keep reading angular margins are a bad sign.

Thank you,

Liz

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 871
    edited April 2023
    Options

lizzysunflower, I'm sorry that you need another biopsy. Unfortunately the details of the imaging can't tell whether the mass is malignant or benign. The biopsy tests the tissue which is the only way to get a definitive diagnosis. In general about 80% of biopsies are not cancer. As you know the wait is hard and googling just turns up worrying information. I hope you don't have to wait too long and you get another benign result. Let us know how it turns out.

• monarchandthemilkweed
    monarchandthemilkweed Member Posts: 151
    edited April 2023
    Options

I had fibroadenomas before I was diagnosed with cancer. It’s hard to say in your case. Hopefully you will find out soon enough. Update when you can