Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Welcome to the new platform

Options
124»

Comments

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    Options

@moderators if you messaged me privately, that's another thing that doesn't work. I have no new messages.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,770
    Options

Filled out the form to address issue of my 63 non-existent bookmarks (I only have 7 in reality). This is the second, possibly third , time I have done so. Not a major issue, but I am surprised that it appears to be a difficult fix as it’s been a few weeks since I first filled out the form.

• mountainmia
    Options

@moderators it's interesting you weren't able to reproduce it, because it just happened again after I opened the new article on lifestyle, linked in one of your recent posts.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,828
    Options

MountainMia, I have gotten that also, but elsewhere, and sometimes pages take quite a bit to load.

I'm also not fond of having to scroll past all of the Moderator posts, to get to topics from members.

• goldie0827
    Options

If I look around, I can usually figure it out, however, I can't find how to change my profile picture.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,958
    Options

Hi @goldie0827,

Here are the instructions to update your profile picture (avatar). We hope this helps!

—The Mods

• goldie0827
    Options

No help at all. I'm pretty computer literate, and know how to click around and look for things. No where can I see anything in "edit profile" to change the picture. No big deal, I can deal with the picture that is there.

I also don't see anywhere for this "wall" thing, which I don't care about. I found the old mess up easier to deal with than this new/improved one. I can manage for the few threads I post on, but this IS NOT user friendly, and concerns me for newbies or those that are not very computer literate.

• moderators
    Options
  • goldie0827
    edited May 2023
    Options

I figured it out, however, those are not the same settings you get when you click on your avatar to get to settings. I had to go to "About you". The settings there are totally different!

• moderators
    Options

@goldie0827 what device are you on?

• goldie0827
    Options

Laptop

• goldie0827
    Options

I had changed my picture, and it didn't take. About you is now not taking me to those same settings. Tells me to log in, I do, even though I was already logged in and my picture for that page changes to my new picture. I go to community and it shows old picture! UGH!

• moderators
    Options

@goldie0827 Once you change your photo, and click Save, you'll have to log out and log back in to see the change take effect. The next time you sign in, you should see your new profile photo.

• moderators
    edited June 2023
    Options

@goldie0827 We suspect you're trying to change your photo from the community profile page — which will not work:

You must follow the steps shared above in order to successfully change your profile photo, by first clicking Your Breastcancer.org Profile in the Quick Links menu on the right of your screen and then following the directions above.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,940
    Options

Oh, this is just silly. This time, I deliberately decided to NOT log in so I could just take a quick look, and - ta-dah! - here I am, logged in. The rule of thumb for the new splatform seems to be to do the exact opposite of what you'd ordinarily do.

• mountainmia
    Options

@alicebastable see the thing is, for me, it continually tells me to log in when I already am. But if I'm in the right place, I actually AM logged in (able to use the platform) and otherwise (but I don't know the rule) I need to log in again.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    Options

I don't understand why a damn FORUM has to be so complicated. Why wasn't a FORUM software chosen that is user friendly? Just look at what a functional, easy-to-use FORUM looks like (kitchen forum as an example.) Notice the sections and topics are grouped in meaningful ways?? What a concept.

No scrolling for days, wondering where the actual POSTS and discussions are. BCO is the worst forum on the entire internet; so frustrating and not worth the time. I truly feel bad for newly-diagnosed people who come here looking for help and probably have no idea where to find it. OMG.

As for all the lost content… that is absolutely terrible. Invaluable information gone forever. Shameful.

• alicebastable
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'm still having the problem that I log in, then when I'm in a thread, it tells me I'm not logged in, and I have to press the log-in button for it to finish logging me in. Very frustrating. And I had to poke around a long time to find this thread, which is no longer with all the other "How to use the new website" threads. Just another example of these forums NOT being user friendly. I guess this will be like The Big Fix of '22, which took over a year with this barely usable platform as a result. We'll be counting the unfixed issues in months instead of days or weeks soon. Same old, same.old.

• alicebastable
    Options

And we can't edit typos after posting? I've tried to use the edit feature three times, and it just sits there. I guess it's for decor only.