Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any one Triple Positive 10+ year out?

Options

Any one Triple Positive 10+ year out?

Comments

• jfloyd3619
    jfloyd3619 Member Posts: 5
    Options

I was just recently diagnosed with triple positive..actually i haven't even had surgery yet, which is scheduled for next week. I have the same question. Lots of 5 year survivability studies but can't find any 10 year. ...asked my oncologist about surviving 10 years orore and he avoided the question.

• fulijinxi
    fulijinxi Member Posts: 6
    Options

they told my recurring after 5 is rare.

• danielan
    danielan Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    Options

hi, I had my first triple positive breast cancer occurance in May 2014, did lumpectomy Chemio + radiation , in December 2022 I was diagnosed again with a new triple positive cancer - did bilateral mastectomy + Chemio taxol and Herceptin ongoing - next is hormonal therapy - this is is suppose to be a separated cancer not linked to the one in 2014 … anyone here having a similar experience ?

Thanks

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    Options

I was 14 years out this May. Doing very well.

• Cel1
    Cel1 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I was diagnosed September 2022 at age 66y.o. Her2+ and Estrogen slightly positive. Had chemo with Herceptin/Perjeta. Lumpectomy found no cancer left. Radiation for 6 weeks. Continuing Herceptin/Perjeta until October.
    I was told with cancer completely gone at surgery I only have 5% chance of recurrence. I am thinking of not taking hormone therapy. Read it doesn’t significantly improve outcome and side effects are bad.
    Anyone else opted out? And are you glad or regret that you did?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Hi @Cel1 and welcome to Breastcancer.org!

We're so sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but we're so glad you've found us. You're sure to find our amazing Community an incredible source of advice, information, encouragement, and support — we're all here for you!

There is another thread here you might find helpful called Rejecting Hormone Therapy, where others share their experiences. We'd also like to point out another thread Positive Stories about AIs or Tamoxifen, as it's important to remember that not everyone experiences the same thing when taking hormonal therapy — some have lots of side effects, some have minimal side effects, some are able to alleviate their side effects using complementary therapy, switching to another type of hormonal medicine, or reducing dosage.

We hope this helps. If there's anything else we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out! Welcome again.

—The Mods

• fulijinxi
    fulijinxi Member Posts: 6
    Options
  • salamander2023
    salamander2023 Member Posts: 4
    Options

what happened?