Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Right side Delayed Latissimus Dorsi Flap with left side preventive mastectomy and implants

Options

I am 11 years out from neoadjuvent, modified radical right side mastectomy, radiation and Xeloda for stage 3b idc. I am now looking into reconstruction along with preventive mastectomy. PS recommended lat flap on the right w TE and TE on the left after mastectomy followed by implants. I am 60 years old now and seem to want, after going half flat most of the time, to have 2 foobs along with minimal cx risk and the idea of not ever wearing a bra after the healing is done is delightful to me.

It's a lot to consider. From amputating what has been a seemingly normal breast ( I am BRCA 1 and 2 negative and am having other newer genetic tests done soon) to the possibility of capsular contracture to possibly more corrective surgeries to reading about ongoing pain etc to entirely numb chest to on and on and on.

I have done a search on latissimus dorsi flap as well as delayed reconstruction and haven't found any posts with this stack of issues/techniques. Any experiences or opinions are welcome. I thought I was settled on it but after reading a bit here, I'm not so sure.