Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Increase in CA 27-29

Options

Hi there,

I am a little bit more of a year out of treatment but in the last check up the level increased from 19 to 26 which really scared me. I got the results after the Dr visit, I messaged him but did not hear back. Your thoughts? Have somebody experienced something like that before? Thank you!

Comments

  • vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 493
    Options

    If you’re not metastatic, why is this tumor marker being followed? They are not a reliable diagnostic tool. That said, a 7 point increase should be no reason for concern unless a pattern emerges. When my spine was riddled with cancer, the CA 15-3 was nearly 200.

    It came down nicely and hovered around 50 for most of the 4 years I was on Verzenio. Then it began jumping up 12 months ago by about 10 every 8 weeks or so. A PET scan revealed hepatic lesions last fall. Once on treatment, the numbers took a nose dive to 45.

  • lianyvera
    lianyvera Member Posts: 5
    Options

    Good morning Vlnrph,

    Thanks for your feedback. I am not M however it is what the Dr doing now consistently every three months.

    It's been always dropping but now I considered a big jump, I am a bit concerned. Thanks again for your feedback … Sorry for what you have been going through I will be praying for you and also success in treatment.

  • margecandoit
    margecandoit Member Posts: 149
    Options

    lianyvera,

    My Dr. does mine also and I am stage 1 with high risk of reoccurrence. Mine went from 20 to 28 in 6 week and my dr wasn’t concern. I would be curious to what your Dr. thinks. I thought that was a big jump.

  • lianyvera
    lianyvera Member Posts: 5
    Options

    margecandoit

    My Dr did not seem concerned, but still it's my health.

    Why are you in high risk of reoccurrence?, it was caught very early.

  • margecandoit
    margecandoit Member Posts: 149
    Options

    lianyvera-

    I understand how you fell about it being your health and being concern. My Dr did what was called a mammaprint and it came back high risk for reoccurrence and basil type breast cancer.

  • lianyvera
    lianyvera Member Posts: 5
    Options

    Ok, I was not familiar with mammaprint. Good it was caught early :)

  • margecandoit
    margecandoit Member Posts: 149
    Options

    lianyvera - yes good it was caught early. What stage are you?

  • lianyvera
    lianyvera Member Posts: 5
    Options

    Diagnosed on 09/2021 Stage III TNBC, Finished chemo on 03/2022, DMX 05/2022 PCR, and in remission since then, finished rads 08/2022, immunotherapy finished on 11/2022. Praying to continue in remission. I will pray for you to continued good health and recovery.

  • margecandoit
    margecandoit Member Posts: 149
    Options

    I was diagnose with basal type breast cancer which 80 % are TNBC the other 20 % have some estrogen or Her2 so I the other 20 % yay!! So I had chemo first. I did not achieve PCR. I am so glad you did. I will pray for you also.