Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cyst

Options
gina79
gina79 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Not sure if this the correct forum for me to ask a question. I'm 43yrs old, today I went in for a mammogram. Got same day results and I have to go back for a ultrasound due to "increase in size of several presumable cyst in lower inner right breast". I had no idea I had cyst on that side. Since this is My question is what does presumable mean?

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,747
    Options

I know this is worrisome but presumable means exactly that. Based on what was visualized, they presume that they are cysts based on their skill and knowledge in radiology, i.e. meets the visual criteria for a cyst. Yes, the word presume does leave the door a tiny bit open for something else but the ultrasound should help clarify things. Are they using previous mammos as a point of reference with respect to size increase?

• gina79
    gina79 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you for explaining what presumable means. Yes this is my 3rd mammogram since 2019 I believe and they always compared them. I'm just confuse because I have never been told I had cyst on the right side only on the left side. Once again thank you for your comment