Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New to Piqray

Options

I just started Piqray, 300 mg, 14 days ago. I am a type 2 diabetic. I have been able to manage my blood glucose without insulin. However, this piqray has done a number on my blood glucose. My endocrinologist started me on insulin, and started me at bedtime and before each meal. I go back to the endocrinologist and my oncologist this. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did you oncologist lower your dosage?

Comments

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 490
    Options

Please do a search for an existing thread called “Piqray users, what is your experience?” and you will see many comments. I insisted at starting with a 200mg dose but was not able to tolerate an increase due to dramatic hyperglycemia. Metformin, Jardiance & Januvia were required to control my blood sugars. I’ll bump the other topic with an update so you can find it.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,057
    Options

@bird1978 , welcome to Breastcancer.org! We’re glad that you reached out here with questions, and we hope you find support and information in this wonderful community.

In case you need it, here is the discussion that @vinrph mentions in her post: Piqray users, what is your experience?

We hope this helps, and we look forward to hearing more from you soon!

The Mods