Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone take Tamoxifen after Uterine Cancer

Options

just wondering if anyone out there has taken Tamoxifen after a hysterectomy for uterine cancer.

Comments

• got2run
    got2run Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am also interested in the same question. I was on Tamoxifen for 3 1/2 years and tolerated it quite well. It was not recommended that I switch to an aromatase inhibitor as I already had mild osteoporosis. Last year I developed endometrial adenocarcinoma and had a hysterectomy. I was switched to arimidex because of concern that the tamoxifen was the "cause" of the uterine cancer. I have been on arimidex for 9 months and have horrible joint problems. I would like to return to taking Tamoxifen.

• bennybear
    bennybear Member Posts: 245
    Options

@got2run my nurse navigator told me she knows of someone who had a hysterectomy so they could continue with tamoxifen. So worth asking your team. Hope others chime in.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

I had endometrial/uterine cancer in 2008, with a very thorough hysterectomy. After getting breast cancer and having a lumpectomy in 2018, my MO prescribed Tamoxifen. I took it for about nine months, but quit for reasons unrelated to cancer.

• fme
    fme Member Posts: 2
    Options

I’ve been on tamoxifen the last 5.5 years since bilateral mascetomy for ductal and lobular cancer (one on each side). Have been getting worse and worse periods last 6 months. Waiting for results from pelvic ultrasound yesterday. Kind of freaking out right now thinking if uterine cancer a thing.

• bennybear
    bennybear Member Posts: 245
    Options

@fme I hope that’s not the case. But best to find out, fibroids are also a common cause. Mine was caught very early and fortunately the hysterectomy was all that was needed. Hope all will be well, b

• ab45
    ab45 Member Posts: 153
    Options

Hello All,

Did any of you have repeated thickening even after D&C? I am also a tamoxifen user..Waiting on results from endometrial biopsy for the 2nd time since taking tamoxifen

• purplecat
    purplecat Member Posts: 226
    Options

Me! I briefly tried letrozole after my hysterectomy, and the joint pain was so bad that I asked to go back on tamoxifen. Now I’m on anastrozole after 5 years of tamoxifen, and the side effects are wrecking my quality of life, so I’m again asking to go back on tamoxifen. I think they’ll let me, as the alternative would be quitting entirely.