Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Anyone take Tamoxifen after Uterine Cancer

Options

just wondering if anyone out there has taken Tamoxifen after a hysterectomy for uterine cancer.

Comments

• got2run
    got2run Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am also interested in the same question. I was on Tamoxifen for 3 1/2 years and tolerated it quite well. It was not recommended that I switch to an aromatase inhibitor as I already had mild osteoporosis. Last year I developed endometrial adenocarcinoma and had a hysterectomy. I was switched to arimidex because of concern that the tamoxifen was the "cause" of the uterine cancer. I have been on arimidex for 9 months and have horrible joint problems. I would like to return to taking Tamoxifen.

• bennybear
    bennybear Member Posts: 245
    Options

@got2run my nurse navigator told me she knows of someone who had a hysterectomy so they could continue with tamoxifen. So worth asking your team. Hope others chime in.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,945
    Options

I had endometrial/uterine cancer in 2008, with a very thorough hysterectomy. After getting breast cancer and having a lumpectomy in 2018, my MO prescribed Tamoxifen. I took it for about nine months, but quit for reasons unrelated to cancer.

• fme
    fme Member Posts: 2
    Options

I’ve been on tamoxifen the last 5.5 years since bilateral mascetomy for ductal and lobular cancer (one on each side). Have been getting worse and worse periods last 6 months. Waiting for results from pelvic ultrasound yesterday. Kind of freaking out right now thinking if uterine cancer a thing.

• bennybear
    bennybear Member Posts: 245
    Options

@fme I hope that’s not the case. But best to find out, fibroids are also a common cause. Mine was caught very early and fortunately the hysterectomy was all that was needed. Hope all will be well, b

• ab45
    ab45 Member Posts: 153
    Options

Hello All,

Did any of you have repeated thickening even after D&C? I am also a tamoxifen user..Waiting on results from endometrial biopsy for the 2nd time since taking tamoxifen

• purplecat
    purplecat Member Posts: 226
    Options

Me! I briefly tried letrozole after my hysterectomy, and the joint pain was so bad that I asked to go back on tamoxifen. Now I’m on anastrozole after 5 years of tamoxifen, and the side effects are wrecking my quality of life, so I’m again asking to go back on tamoxifen. I think they’ll let me, as the alternative would be quitting entirely.