Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for biopsy results

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Waiting for Biopsy Results.
Tagged:

Comments

• roareus
    roareus Member Posts: 68
    Options

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in September 2013 when I was 43 years old. I had a lumpectomy, chemo, and radiation. I had a mammogram in January and they found some calcifications they thought was probably benign. They wanted to repeat the mammogram in six months. I had the follow up mammogram last Thursday, 7/6/2023. This time, it's BIRAD4 and they said it hasn't grown but looked somewhat similar to the malignant calcification from 2013. I had the biopsy today. Calcification is .3cm Pathology report can take up to five days. I am petrified. Words of encouragement? Help! I am loosing my mind.

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 881
    Options

@roareus , I'm sorry that you have to go through the worry of a biopsy for a recurrence. It's more stressful when you have had bc before but BIRAD4 still has a wide ranging chance, 10% to 90%, of being positive. At least the size of the calcifications is small and you have recently been followed closely. Try to distract yourself by doing something fun or immersing yourself in a project that needs to get done. Let us know what the results are. Here's hoping for benign!

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 681
    Options

@roareus Agree with maggie. You are being watched closely which is exactly what you want. Sorry that you are having to deal with the stress of biopsies and waiting for pathology results. Plus I feel like anytime there is a history of cancer and anything slightly suspicious is seen there is an obligation to follow or biopsy. Radiologist’s usually tend to err on the side of caution as they would never want to miss anything.

Remember you can’t change what is potentially there or not. We can only change the way we handle it. Hope for the best and keep busy nothing had been decided yet.

Sending positive vibes and strength your way.