Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Haven't been here in a while....

Options
lrm216
lrm216 Member Posts: 534

Just wanted those of you newly diagnosed to know that I just celebrated my 14th year in February 2023, after diagnose and treatment of triple negative breast cancer. I know the fear only too well as I literally lived for many years on this forum to quell my constant anxiety of this coming back. I have, thankfully, not had any setbacks along the way, and while the horrible memories of finding out, undergoing surgery, horrid chemo treatments that showed me every side-effect known to man, and raidiation will always be a part of me - I am still here - healthy, happy and thriving - just as you will be. Blessings to all of you!

Comments

• iamnobird
    iamnobird Member Posts: 229
    Options

Irm216: Thanks so much for coming back to post this encouragement. Congrats on 14 years! Thank you. It is so amazing for me, in the middle of chemo, to see posts like yours. It gives me hope♥️♥️♥️. I am so glad you are happy and thriving.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 682
    Options

lrm216 Congratulations! Wishing you continued health and happiness.

• jodis1015
    jodis1015 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Thank you for posting! I’m at the beginning of this difficult journey and it’s so wonderful to read about those who are thriving.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    Options

@lrm216 thank you for coming back and sharing this!! It means so much to share inspiration. 😍

• gayled
    gayled Member Posts: 2
    Options

I haven't been here in awhile either, and am 15 years cancer-free! I opted against Tamoxifen and radiation, based on my specific diagnosis and research that I did. I know these are difficult and scary decisions that are unique to each person's case and circumstances. Sending positive wishes for all who are undergoing treatment or caring for others.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    Options

Congratulations Irm and gayled. In June I was 14 years cancer free.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    Options

@cowgirl13 and @gayled, we're so glad to read this. Wishing you many happy and healthy years to come! 😊