Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Round 2

Going tomorrow July 17 for the 2nd of 4 rounds of TC. Hoping for better results than the first. Had horrible mouth sores and burns throughout my mouth. Will be lowering the dosage and adding Neulasta. Had to shave my head and that was more painful mentally than anything so far. I feel like a big neon sign over me saying I have cancer. Other than that physically I feel pretty good but struggle mentally.

Comments

• melbo
    melbo Member Posts: 266

i had really bad mouth sores during my first round of TC, but they were better after that. I got really careful about rinsing my mouth with baking soda/salt water after I ate or drank anything and it prevented more sores. I was very, very happy to put both away once I was done with chemo, but it was a mild annoyance that was worth it.

everyone warned me that side effects would get worse as I went through chemo, but I didn’t find that to be true. It all sucked, but my body adjusted and I didn’t sleep as much for later rounds and I only had the mouth sores for the first.

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769

@mdgauthier19 so sorry you are going through. I remember all too well. My mouth sores became worse throughout, but I found relief in using Oral B for Mouth Sores, it was very soothing and helped a bit at night. I also ate a lot of popsicles during the day and it helped.

I hope you get some relief soon!!

• mandy23
    mandy23 Member Posts: 125

Hi @mdgauthier19

Sorry for all you're going through. I finished TC in March.

There is a thread under the Chemotherapy forum called:

"Anyone on just Taxotere and Cytoxan."

You might find that helpful.

• justagalwholoveslife
    justagalwholoveslife Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2023

I finished my 4 A/C on 7/28 and just finished round 2 of 12 of Taxol.

Right away with A/C, I had changes in the tissue of my mouth so I used Healios. My mom ordered it from CVS and it works. It’s the only thing that helped my granddaughter and uncle also when they went through chemo. You actually rinse and swallow it.

I hope this helps.