Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Follow up MRI

Options

I was diagnosed with symptomatic DCIS (palpable lump). Do these MRI results sound like it’s pure DCIS? Any signs of invasive components based on these results? My surgeon wanted an MRI done and said I would need at least one more biopsy because she suspects invasion…

Results: Contiguous T2 hypointense clumped ring non mass enhancement in the central and upper inner right breast containing the biopsy clip marking the site of the patient's known malignancy, measuring approximately 5.3 x 2.3 x 3.8 cm (AP by TV by CC).  The enhancement is of mixed kinetics with multiple areas of aggressive washout enhancement.  Enhancement abuts the upper inner anterior skin and to the base of the nipple.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,787
    Options

Sorry that you are having to deal with this. None of us are doctors and more importantly, not your doctor so take that into consideration. Do your MRI results sound like pure DCIS? Since MRI results alone are not sufficient to diagnose exactly what those areas might be, the upcoming biopsy should yield more definitive results. I know all the testing and waiting is difficult but try not to speculate or get ahead of what you currently know. Take care

• stuckinohio
    stuckinohio Member Posts: 11
    Options

I find it hard to believe that not a single person on this board is a doctor lol. Anyway, that’s not why I posted it. I was just hoping there would be someone knowledgeable that could give some insight similar to what Djmammo used to do. Obviously the biopsy might tell me more… or it won’t. And my surgical pathology will tell me the final answer. I just wanted insight from anyone that has had similar MRI findings or are familiar with MRI descriptions. Not looking for a diagnosis.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 679
    Options

@stuckinohio Also sorry you find yourself here, cancer stinks! As far as the results above there is nothing in interpretation that suggests invasion. Typically if the mass has encroached on an area or a axillary lymph node enhanced it would be in the report. Sounds to me that Just seems to describe the enhancing mass being against anterior skin and base of nipple.

Hope you get a plan going soon to ease your mind. Sending positive vibes your way for the best case scenario.

• stuckinohio
    edited July 2023
    Options

@cookie54 Thank you. Unfortunately my doctor is even more concerned that this is not pure DCIS due to the size of the lesion and the aggressive washout combined with clustered/clumped rings that were observed. Fingers crossed she’s wrong.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 679
    Options

Yes, fingers crossed! Keep us posted.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,787
    Options

stuckinohio,

While true that someone on bco might be a doctor, they are not your doctor and as responsible doctors wouldn’t use this platform for medical advice. I have seen some bad medical info given out on bco but simply hope folks understand that we are not here as doctors (even if they are doctors IRL). Anonymous posts on an Internet forum are not good sources for medical advice. Regardless, a biopsy will be able to give you a more complete picture. Take care

• stuckinohio
    Options

again, I wasn’t looking for medical advice. Please just move on from my thread :)