Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

10 years for me

I am 10 years post BIL mast with reconstruction w/o chemo or rads. I do have a concern so not sure this is the correct forum. I’ve been having burning pain in my right breast for about a week now (noncancer side) and it’s really concerning me. I know pain isn’t usually an indicator of cancer. My surgeon said a few years ago just to watch for any lumps. I don’t have any and my implants are still soft but this burning pain is concerning. I do suffer from major anxiety so don’t know if this is a factor or not. Any thoughts?

Comments

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,414

Hello and I'm sorry you are having pain in your breast. Have you contacted your doctor? I can tell you that the "pain isn't usually an indicator of cancer" may be true, but many of us DO experience pain. That is not to scare you, but to let you know that if you feel something is not right, then please have it checked out for your own peace of mind. Chances are excellent that the pain is nothing serious, so take care and see your doc ASAP.