Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Just diagnosed, 45 years old, had lumpectomy Stage 1b grade 2 oncotype score of 23

Options

I received my results from my lumpectomy and received the score of 23. The surgeon is talking chemotherapy. I haven't met with radiation oncology or hematology oncology yet have those appointments coming up. I am just wondering is there any one out there who has the same score and what they had to go through?

Comments

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 388
    Options

Same exact score. I was under 50 so they recommended chemo for me. I wanted to do it anyway since I had a grade 3 tumor so I started in less than a week. I did 4 rounds of T/C which was one treatment every three weeks. It wasn't a good time but was over before I knew it. I made pretty much a complete recovery about eight weeks after it was over.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,003
    Options

Welcome, @aimeefox96. We're so sorry your find yourself here, but we're glad you've joined our community, and hope this can be a source of support and encouragement for you.

The Mods

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,003
    Options

@adrock73, we're sorry for what you're going through. We know it's scary, and the waiting is truly one of the hardest parts, but a biopsy is the only way to be certain if an abnormal area is cancer or not. Just take a deep breath and try to keep busy for the next few days. And when you have a moment, check out this helpful discussion about Anxiety to help you deal with those feelings and thoughts. Hope this helps! And please remember that no matter what happens, we'll all be there for you.

Good luck with biopsy, please keep us posted on how it goes!

The Mods