Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Diagnosed 7/15/23, Grade 3, HER2- ER+ PR-

Options
jojo9876
jojo9876 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2023 in Just Diagnosed

Hi, I was just diagnosed with IDC; this is my 1st post. I’m 48, married with two teenagers. I have scrolled around on this site and there are a lot of great resources and stories.
I have not yet seen anyone with the same result I received: Grade 3, HER2- (negative) ER+ (positive) moderate staining 30%, PR- (negative) 0%. Ki-67 is Approx. 70%. My ultrasound and then biopsy were done a day apart. On 7/12/23 tumor size is 4.7 cm, 2.6 cm, 2.7 cm. I meet with my surgeon for a consult tomorrow. Hoping if anyone else received a similar diagnosis and can provide some feedback on your journey? Thank you so much!!!

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 887
    Options

@jojo9876 , I'm sorry that you have to join us here. Your biopsy has provided some information but it does not tell the whole story since staging is usually done post surgery. With your statistics there are many different types of treatment which could be recommended so you will have a better idea of what is coming after meeting with the surgeon who knows the details of your diagnosis. Once you have recommendations you will be able to ask more targeted questions to get useful feedback. I hope your appointment goes well. All the best!

• jojo9876
    Options

Thank you @maggie15

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 387
    Options

I don't think you can say any of us have the same diagnosis. Breast cancer is so varied. But I also had a grade 3 tumor, HER2 -. I had more estrogen and progesterone than you though. I started out with surgery, then chemo. I didn't have to have radiation. But at any rate, as Maggie said, once you meet your oncologist you'll get specific recommendations based on your own unique subtype and if you have any questions from that we'll be glad to help. We're so sorry you're joining us but it is a well researched cancer so there's that. Good luck tomorrow!

• jojo9876
    Options

Thank you @kaynotrealname

• sarahsmilesatme
    sarahsmilesatme Member Posts: 53
    Options

Hello JoJo…

I haven’t posted in a long time, but saw your post, so I’ll jump in. I was diagnosed with IDC, Grade 3, ER+, PR-, HER2- in June 2019. I had a high KI-67 and an even higher Oncotype score (provided to me a few weeks post surgery). I had 3 small tumors; all clustered in the same area. When diagnosed, I was older than you, (58 yrs old). I had a lumpectomy, then chemo (Taxotere & Cytoxan), followed by radiation, and I now take Letrozole.

As others have said, and they’re right, you’ll get more info from your surgeon and oncologist as they learn more. Everyone’s experience is different. I was blessed in that my experience was not too bad, and I finished treatment just as Covid began. (I am extremely grateful for that timing!). I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow! Please keep us posted.

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 254
    Options

Hi Jojo…I had similar type tumor as you, but high ER. Your docs will likely send post-surgical tumor sample to be Oncotyped and that will provide additional info on treatment options. Because my score was high, chemo was recommended and I chose C+T X4, followed by exemestane for several years. It's been almost 6 yrs since my diagnosis and all is well thus far. I have had no long-term repercussions from surgery/treatment to date. I wish you well!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,999
    Options

@jojo9876 - We're so sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here, but we're glad you've joined us.

Besides the great support from other members here, you may want to check out the following discussion: Resources for the Newly Diagnosed. It includes some useful info that can help you better understand pathology reports, weigh treatment options, and handle the stress of a breast cancer diagnosis.

Hope this helps! Please keep us posted on how everything is going, we're thinking of you!

The Mods

• l8blmr
    l8blmr Member Posts: 78
    Options

Hi Jojo, I'll jump here, too. Sorry you are here, but you've come to the right place. Like Murphy, tumor was very similar to yours, but I had higher estrogen. Treatment was based on throwing the book at the 'bastard'; (hubby's name for the cancer). Chose bilateral mastectomy, C+T chemo x4. Just started my 6th year of anastrozole. Most will agree, the hardest part is 'the waiting'….wait for apt, wait for test, wait for results, wait for surgery, wait to start chemo….etc. Hang in there. The best thing is to fell comfortable and be confident in your team. Seek information if it helps alleviate the anxiety, but not from Dr. Google. We're all here to support you. I wish you all the best. Big hugs!

• margecandoit
    margecandoit Member Posts: 138
    Options

Hi jojo,
    I was DX April of 2022. I am ER + 20% PR - 0% and Her2 - grade 3 ki67 20%. They started me with chomo after they did what was called a mammaprint came back high risk for reoccurrence and basal like breast cancer. Did 4 treatments of A/C and 12 treatment of taxol chemo. Then surgery and radiation. It’s a long haul but you can do it. I am sorry you find yourself here. I had a hard time finding info on single hormone receptor positive but there some info out there if you google it. Feel free to ask any question you may have.

• tntnsd
    tntnsd Member Posts: 124
    Options

Hi Jojo

My diagnosis was on Dec 2020 with Grade 3 HER-, ER+, PR-. The difference from yours was that mine still DCIS at final pathology even though with almost 6cm area found on both ultrasound and MRI.

I decided to go with mastectomy, and with that diagnosis, I did not have to go through chemo, neither radiation. I am ơn tamoxifen for 5 years (already half way there and so far no major side effect). I felt very fortunate that my treatment is almost the simplest one for breast cancer. But the time of waiting, and learning all the unknowns, it seemed so hard.

Hope you have a good team of doctors who will help you with your treatment plan. It is quite doable (I am not talking from my own experience, but from what I learned from many wonderful ladies here and few friends who went through similar thing like life). Please ask if you have questions going through treatment.
    best wishes.

• sarahmaude
    sarahmaude Member Posts: 336
    Options

My tumor was also Grade 3 ER+ PR- and HER2- My ER was 88%, so higher than yours. My Oncotype was very high at 49. I had a lumpectomy, chemo TC x 4 and 26 rads treatments. I’ve been on Anastrozole since finishing radiation.

My tumor is classified as Luminal B and has a higher chance of recurrence than more common Luminal A tumors. I’ve been getting Signatera screening for a year now. So far the tests have all come back negative.

Overall I’m doing well. I’d say I’m pretty much feeling normal levels of energy and thankfully I have very tolerable side effects from my AI.

There are quite a few of us with Grade 3 HR positive PR negative pathology.