Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In Memorium - sadiesservant

Options

I wanted to let members know that our sweet, kind sadiesservant passed away on June 1, 2023. I only found out a couple days ago and got confirmation on it before I posted (thank you, chicagoan). I do not know any details, other than she’d been having some additional complications since about the beginning of the year. She’d been a member since 2017, and I often found myself posting in many of the same threads that she did. I am quite sad to learn she is gone and will very much miss her gentle, intelligent, insightful presence on these boards.

Her real name was Pat, “Sadie” was the name of her gorgeous dog whose photo was her avatar picture. May “sadiesservant” rest in peace.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,834
    Options

Thank you , Camille. This never gets easier despite the fact that we are too well aware of our reality. May she rest in peace.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,944
    Options

Thank you so much for posting this, Camille. I still read here, but don't usually post anymore, and I was disappointed that Patricia's passing hadn't been mentioned except in the one thread. She was an active member here and a part of so many good discussions. I'll miss her. Peace to all who knew her, both here and in the world. And especially to her dear Sadie.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Yes Divine, it was so good of you to post this nice tribute to "Sadie's Servant". Really hope the dog is doing well. Just so sorry that this happened.

Also want to say hi to Alice.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 539
    Options

Thank you Divine for starting this thread. Sadiesservant (Pat) was so kind and supportive here, I pray that her soul is at peace, and that her family is comforted. Beautiful photo of Sadie, what a joy to have this dog in her life!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,098
    Options

May Pat (aka Sadiesservant) Rest in Peace. And I hope Sadie is not grieving her mom too much. So sad for the pets we leave behind, they cannot understand.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,745
    Options

Oh, how very, very sad!!! Pat was incredibly brave and I don't recall her ever complaining even she struggled to find good trial options.

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    Options

Thank you for letting us know and sharing this beautiful picture of Sadie. Pat was very kind and helpful to me. May her family be comforted that she suffers no. May she be at peace. Fly high Pat!!

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 435
    Options

Sad to see another loss of a generous spirit here. She joined here when I came back. Not long enough.

Gailmary

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

So sad to read this post. Thank you Divine. RIP Sadieservant. I hope your puppy finds a good home.

• margaritams
    margaritams Member Posts: 183
    Options

I’m so saddened to hear this news but I thank you, divinemrsm for updating us. Pat, “sadiesservant” was always supportive and kind. I think she was suffering for quite some time before she passed but she never complained. I hope when my time comes, I can be as gracious. I will miss her presence on these boards.

• smallmoments
    smallmoments Member Posts: 32
    Options

Another sad loss. Sadiesservant was quite active when I first joined this community. So sorry to hear this. I hope she found comfort and peace in her final moments.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,057
    Options

Thank you so much for letting the community know, divinemrsm. She will be greatly missed, and we're sending love and support to everyone who knew and loved her. May she rest in peace and comfort.

-The Mods

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 763
    Options

Camille, thank you for posting. I am so very sad to read this. Pat was a great support to so many of us. I know she took care of her elderly mother as well as her beautiful dog, Sadie. She was always a kind and calm presence here at BC.org and will be missed. May she rest in peace and may her memory be a blessing to all who knew her.

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 192
    Options

Thank you Divine for letting us know of the sad loss of Pat. I hope that her mum and beautiful dog Sadie are safe and being cared for as I know Pat would have wished.

• newgardener
    newgardener Member Posts: 97
    Options

Such sad news, I have been wondering how she was doing since she stopped treatments earlier this year. I always appreciated her posts and her experiences were very helpful. Thank you for letting us know.

• ninetwelve
    ninetwelve Member Posts: 328
    Options

Great sadness to read of this loss. Pat, you will be missed.

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404
    Options

Thank you for the post. May her memory be a blessing. Rest in peace sadieservant.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

I am so sad for the loss of Sadiesservant. I hope her mom and pup are well cared for. I know those were her biggest concerns.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,074
    Options

It’s helping me process the loss of Sadiesservant by reading all the kind words everyone’s written about her. I guess this is one way we mourn the loss of someone we never met in person but whom we got to know online, a person who was there for us and walked this path alongside us.

On another note, as the original poster of the thread, isn’t it my call if I think someone is hijacking it? I don’t agree with the moderators at all about your post, wren. I’ve been on the boards long enough that the mods should know if I had a problem with it, I’d come right out and say so.

For me, these boards need to be grounded in honesty and transparency, and I felt that in your post, wrenn, and appreciate that you brought the matter to light.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Divine - Thank you for supporting Wrenn. That's what this forum is supposed to be about - support and sharing. I didn't know that Pat lived on Vancouver Island there near Wrenn. I think I might check in with Wrenn a little later today. Haven't "chatted" with her in awhile. It was very nice of her to offer her condolences here.

• jsniffs
    jsniffs Member Posts: 136
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear of Sadiesservant's passing. I loved reading her posts and loved her story/profile with her dog. Sending lots of love to all who knew her.