Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Compression garments help for Pap Flap?

Options
jackiepotatoes
jackiepotatoes Member Posts: 2

Hi All,

I'm planning on buying a zippered girdle for my upcoming pap flap recovery. I'm getting pretty confused with sizing… is it normal to purchase a size up? I'm a M (waist 28"/ hips 37") so do I buy a L?

My surgical team hasn't been a lot of help here.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Tagged:

Comments

• naomi69
    naomi69 Member Posts: 1
    Options

hello, I am having the same surgery next month and I am also wondering what type of recovery products we will need. I am hoping to find out during post op what I will need and who provides what.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,970
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @naomi69

Welcome to Breastcancer.org! We're sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but we know you'll find our amazing community an incredible source of advice, information, encouragement, and support!

We are hoping @jackiepotatoes comes back to share if she's had her surgery yet, and if so, what worked best for her. In the meantime, you may also want to post in the Reconstruction forum for some help from others who've experienced this surgery.

There's also some info here on Recovering from PAP Flap Surgery and After Flap Reconstruction Surgery.

We hope this helps and that you get some advice and info soon! Good luck with your surgery!

—The Mods