Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ultrasound detected irregular hypoechoic VERY NERVOUS

Options
brendamejia89
brendamejia89 Member Posts: 16
edited August 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

In January of this year I felt a lump in my breast went the next day and my gynecologist referred me for ultrasound. This came up as a cyst. Then, I noticed how big and tense it feel and my skin is puckering. Now they ordered a biopsy category 4. I’m scared to death! Based on my results can anyone tell if have similar experience and what was the outcome? Biopsy is on Tuesday. I’m 34 , 3 kids and maternal grandmother had cancer.

Tagged:

Comments

• brendamejia89
    edited August 2023
    Options

to add, I have my period now and the feeling dense was prior to now it went back to soft and my wife says it feels smaller. But the indent area is what concerns me the most plus everything the radiologist wrote. It also hurts sometimes.

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 885
    Options

@brendamejia89 , I'm sorry that you have to go through the stress of a biopsy but ultrasound can't tell what the lesion is. About 80% of biopsies are not cancer. The occasional pain and changing hardness are actually favorable signs but only the biopsy can give a definitive answer. The waiting is hard so try to keep busy until Tuesday. Let us know what you find out. Here's hoping for benign!

• brendamejia89
    Options

thanks appreciate your words of encouragement. I also had a bariatric surgery and lost lot of weight and heard a lump is common. Trying to stay positive

• brendamejia89
    Options

went for my biopsy today. Ultrasound and mammogram done. They are still concern and the breast surgeon is 80% sure is cancer but can’t confirm yet. They told me that when they are 100% they said it but here could also be an infection.

Any thoughts or similar experience?

• flowergirl1975
    flowergirl1975 Member Posts: 57
    Options

hi @brendamejia89 waiting for results is the worst since you only have some of the answers. Until you have your pathology results back you won’t know for sure what you are dealing with. I was called back for a biopsy because my ultrasound showed a hypoechoic lesion with internal blood flow. I ended up having breast cancer unfortunately. Now my story may not be your story. As much as it could be something it could also be benign. What is most important is that you’re being proactive with your health. Whatever the results you got this!!! You will find many woman on here for support if you need it! Hang in there! Hopefully you will have answers soon!

• maggie15
    Options

Hi @brendamejia89 , It's good that the biopsy is over. Now comes another wait for the pathology report. I was surprised to discover that there is a great deal of waiting in the breast cancer world. Hopefully it will turn out to be benign. An infection is not good but definitely preferable. Thanks for the update and let us know what is found. We'll be here for you whatever it is.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    Options

@brendamejia89, as you can see, this great community is here to support you as you wait for the biopsy results and no matter what happens, we're here for you! Good luck, and please come back to let us know how you're doing!

The Mods

• brendamejia89
    Options

thanks everyone for the support. I should hear back by end of this week. I’m staying hopeful but at the same time strong to whatever it is to kick and beat it!

• flowergirl1975
    flowergirl1975 Member Posts: 57
    Options

that’s it @brendamejia89 !!! I love your positive attitude! Stay strong! Fingers crossed that everything comes back fine!

• katg
    katg Member Posts: 206
    Options

Brendamejia89 stay busy as was said and know you are right. You went in, had tests and a biopsy. Once they give you the results, listen to their plan of action. You are not alone and based on the report you originally posted, they follow proven paths of treatment, and like with mine, deviate with new treatments if necessary. I like to think the original diagnosis is the toughest.

In forums like this, know we have been where you are and know the waiting game is no fun. Try not to search the internet for medical treatment. Your case may not be listed.

Yes, this too shall pass. Stay focused on your daily life. Keep busy. Please come back and let us know.

• brendamejia89
    Options

thanks flower and gat, most certainly be coming back thanks for the support.

The doctor told me that by yesterday or today I would know if yes or no and next week the report. Unfortunately, nothing as of today.

Anxiety is lower but still anxious but positive and trusting in God!

Is going to be a very long weekend for me!

• brendamejia89
    Options

today marks one week of my biopsy and no news yet. I called to check and nothing they said by tomorrow.

My BIRAD went from 4 to 5.

• maggie15
    Options

Hopefully your will get the result soon.

• brendamejia89
    Options

Hello Everyone,

Biopsy results today. Birad5 95 % chance it was cancer. Thanks God results showed that its a desmoid-type fibromatosis! Spoke with the doctor and we are planning surgery for next week to take it out

Thanks everyone for the support!!

• maggie15
    Options

Hi @brendamejia89 , Great news! It will be good to have it removed so you can get on with your life.

• laughinggull
    laughinggull Member Posts: 512
    Options

Excellent news @brendamejia89 !!!!!!

Thanks for the update. So happy for you 😘

• brendamejia89
    Options

thank you so much!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    Options

@brendamejia89 - This is fantastic news! Thank you for sharing. Your story is sure to bring hope to many others.

The Mods

• brendamejia89
    Options

thanks! Surgery went well, waiting for final pathologist results, standard procedure.

Will continue on keeping you all posted!

• brendamejia89
    Options

Final pathologist results are consistent with biopsy, fibromatosis - desmoid tumor. I’m so much relief now , finger crossed it doesn’t come back!

thanks everyone!

• maggie15
    Options

Hi @brendamejia89 , It's great that the pathology confirmed the biopsy good news. Now you can celebrate!