Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MRI Results

Options

I have LCIS in my left breast and the lesion was removed. I am now under the regular screening program. The latest MRI was done last week. The doctor called back saying she saw a few areas in my right breast and one in my left breast that have a different color showing in the MRI images. Now she wanted me to go back for an ultrasound. I'm scared. Does it mean that I have multiple tumors that could be cancerous?

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 677
    Options

@tianhongchanchan Sorry you need additional imaging, we understand it can be scary. Try to keep calm sounds like they want to take another look at a couple areas of concern. This doesn't mean they are masses/tumors. Hopefully you will get in for Ultrasound soon to ease your mind. Sending positive vibes for good results.

• tianhongchanchan
    tianhongchanchan Member Posts: 13
    Options

Thank you so much for the positive vibes. I went to the ultrasound, but they didn't see anything in the three suspicious areas discovered by MRI. Now they suggested me go get the MRI done again to see if any of the enhancements disappear…

• cookie54
    Options

@tianhongchanchan Glad to hear they may be nothing, did they use the contrast for the MRI? Will they wait to repeat the MRI since you just had it?

• tianhongchanchan
    Options

Thank you! Yes, I used contrast for the MRI. They told me to reach out to them next month. Would that be too soon?

• cookie54
    Options

Ok glad contrast was utilized and you got a thorough exam. It may be a good idea to have your doctor reach out to the imaging facility to see which way they are leaning with this. Was the radiologist for the first Mri just being very cautious or what did he think these areas really were? did he provide more information in the report saying possible cyst etc? To me, I feel like a good conversation is needed to make the proper decision on this. Radiologist’s are very willing to have a discussion with referring doctors regarding possible diagnosis, so i would push for that. Either way it needs to be followed.

Best wishes, keep us posted.

• tianhongchanchan
    Options

I only had one MRI and the report provides limited information - three enhancing masses and one non enhancing mass - Birads 4. My BS said a lot of things could lead to enhancing and asked me to repeat the MRI to see if the enhancing areas are still the same.

If it's still the same, I'll push for MRI guided biopsies.

• cookie54
    Options

Gotcha, sounds like a good plan!

• tianhongchanchan
    Options

Just wanted to provide an update. I had two MRI guided biopsies. They came back benign!! Thank God!! For the other two sites, I'll do a MRI follow up in 6 months. Just wanted to thank everyone who provided help and support here. I'm going to have a conversation with my BS to see if preventative Mastectomy is an option. I've had 6 biopsies so far. Every time I had to experience emotional roller coaster that made me miserable. I don't want to experience it again!

• cookie54
    Options

Great news, congrats on benign!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@tianhongchanchan - Congratulations on the benign result! It's wonderful news, and we're really happy for you! 🎉

The Mods