Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any information on having stage 4 Breast Cancer with metastatic carcinoma

Options

Hello, First time posting and hoping to find someone like me or some information about Stage 4 with metastatic carcinoma. Originally diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006. Had Mastectomy, chemo, radiation and Tamoxifen for 10 years. This year, 17 years later after a routine mammo, found 2 masses in my other breast. Last year had a bump on my back that I had biopsied, but not enough of a sample to diagnose anything. Since then, 6 more bumps have appeared on my back, face and abdomen. I recently had 2 of them biopsied and had 2 different pathology reports done. One says derma carcinoma involving the dermis and the other metastatic carcinoma. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has gone thru this or is going thru this? Looking for hope and inspiration. Thank you!

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,057
    Options

HI @tbehul, and welcome to our community.

We're so very sorry to hear of the reasons that bring you here, but we're really glad you've found us. You're sure to find our amazing community a wonderful source of advice, information, encouragement, and support — we're all here for you!

Can you tell us if your doctors confirmed that the biopsies showed that the new carcinoma was a metastatic breast cancer, or a different type of cancer that had metastasized? Just trying to fully understand your situation. Either way, we're sure others will be by shortly to weigh in with their support and experience.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you navigate the boards, and welcome again.

Sending gentle hugs to you,

—The Mods

• teebe
    teebe Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you! That is what I am trying to understand too. It has the same markers as my recent breast cancer, (which was also the same as my 1st diagnosis) so my oncologist said stage 4 from this new breast cancer spreading to skin, since breast cancer doesn't usually reoccur in the other breast. I have a pet/ct scan on Wednesday and a second opinion with another ocologist on Tuesday, so hoping to get a better understanding. Thank you for the warm welcome and hugs to all in this group! Stay strong!