Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TNBC at Mass General in Boston

Options

Hi everyone

I just found a website for Mass General in Boston- apparently they have a program exclusively for TNBC. I am wondering if anyone has looked into it or is currently under their care?

I am meeting with my Dana Farber MO this Thursday to discuss my treatment options

Should i mention that i saw info about the program at Ma General or is it pretty obviously already that she can reach out to them as a resource for me?

Thank you

Cindy

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 885
    Options

Hi @cindylou416 , Dana Farber is an excellent cancer center as is Mass General. Both hospitals are affiliated with Harvard Medical School and are involved with research there and at MIT. Since you already have a doctor you like at Dana Farber it is probably a good idea to stay there unless there is a compelling reason not to. My bs is at MGH but had previously been at Dana Farber. Because of their proximity people at both places are up to date with what is going on at the other.

• sarahnh
    sarahnh Member Posts: 105
    Options

Hi Cindy - My cancer was HER2+, but when "shopping" for an oncologist, I met with Isakoff at Mass General, who I believe is also the head of the TNBC program there. To me, he seemed to feel I would be in equally good hands at either MGH or Dana Farber, and I bet he'd say the same to you. But there's no harm in trying to schedule a second opinion with him. I liked him and I'm sure he is an excellent oncologist.

I did end up choosing an oncologist at DFCI, and am very happy with my choice. To me, DFCI seemed more organized than MGH, and easier to navigate (physically and logistically).

PS Hi Maggie!