Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Long term survivors with node positive disease ?

Options

i want to hear some positive stories please.I am 44 years old with 3 small children. I am doing everything possible to reduce my risk of this horrible disease returning, but I am so worried that because of the lymph involvement it’s too late. I am currently on 3 of 4 AC. In September I will start 12 weekly taxol. I had a bilateral mastectomy with direct to implant in June 2023 - grade 1 tumor 1.9 cm and 1 out of 4 lymph nodes positive. Er 95% PR 92% HR- My ki67 was 24. I don’t have an oncoscore. Staging was T1n1cm0

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

Hi @eviecat , we're sending you a big hug! There are SO many positive stories out there, and we hope you hear from them, and read them throughout the forums. We're sorry you have to go through this, but know you're not alone. Will they give you an oncoscore, or are thy saying chemo since some nodes were affected? Glad you found us.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

Hello Eviecat

I had 4 nodes positive with two of them macrometastized (trying to grow outside of the node). My tumor size was identical to yours, ER PR + (98%) and it was grade 1, so low grade. It's been almost 10 years, and now they have Versenio to treat node positive to help reduce the chance even further of recurrence. I didn't have that and I have a 90% chance of zero recurrence! I did chemo rads and I'm still on Arimidex until next year. No issues so far! I try to eat healthy, exercise by walking and machines at the gym. I enjoy a glass or two of wine a couple days a week.

It's very doable!

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

eviecat, welcome to our club that no one wants to be in. It seems that you are hitting your cancer will all you have. I was diagnosed 4 years ago with 2 out of 5 nodes positive. I didn't do chemo but I did have BMX and breast reconstruction. Also, I had lupron + letrozole until I decided to have my ovaries removed to avoid the lupron shots. My kids were 11yr old and 15 yr old at that time. So far, I have no symptoms of recurrence. It is very scary at first but then you get used to the idea of being a cancer survivor and start moving on as a new you. My diet is no sugar and no alcohol.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

@eviecat Also, there is a large thread where people who have survived long term with positive nodes.