Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Not triple negative but have questions.

Options

I was diagnose over a year ago and I have finished treatment up. I have been doing some research since I can handle it now. My tumor came back as aggressive basal type breast cancer which from my research is said that 80% of triple negative is basal type and the other 20% is like me with estrogen + mine was 20%. I did chemo first cause they said it was aggressive. I also found out that my tumor was positive for PD-l1 and that seems to be in the triple negative tumors also. My question are most of you basal type cancer and have positive PD-l1. Wonder if because of the estrogen + in my tumor if they are treating me correctly. Thanks for your insight.

Comments

  • kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 422
    Options

    Do you mean your score for estrogen was 20%? If I'm reading your bio correctly I think you're getting excellent treatment for a hormone positive tumor even one that is on the lower end of hormone positive. As far as individual genes go in your tumor, if you're not stage 4 then no one really worries about them as far as treatment goes because it's standardized.

  • margecandoit
    margecandoit Member Posts: 149
    Options

    Yes my estrogen was 20% and progesterone is 0. They used mine geonomic testing to do my chemo first. So they don’t use the other unless your stage 4? Thanks for responding to me I just get confused by all this.

  • kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 422
    Options

    Oncotype is the most geonomic testing stage 3 and lower gets. And that's just done to determine if you need chemo, not what type of chemo is to be used. The type of chemo is determined by lymph node status, sometimes LVI and what receptors a tumor has.

  • margecandoit
    margecandoit Member Posts: 149
    Options

    I didn’t get a oncotype. I had what is called mammaprint that’s how I know that my cancer was basal type and 80 of triple negative is basal type and the other 20 % is like mine that has some estrogen or her2. I was just trying to see what treatment. They did for triple negative. Maybe I just need to stop thinking about it. Thanks for your response.

  • kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 422
    Options

    Of course! Remember though that even with a low hormone score you'll still hormone positive and endocrine therapy should be successful for you. There's a very real danger in over treatment and that's the line they're trying to walk with you. If you like them, then I would trust that they know best.