Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Panic attack, sadness and breathing exercise

Options

Hi everybody

I'm usually happy and try to have my normal life, but sometimes I just feel like I'm going deeper snd deeper in to sadness, or having a strong panic attack . Especially now that I fpund out my cancer is back in my liver, after only an year of Ribociclib. I tough it was supposed to last 5 or 6 year, but not for me! I need to find a new cure now, znd fast.

In the meanwhile, when I'm really down, i just do some breathing exercise and I feel better with it (currently WOM breathing). But other kind sometimes.

What do you do when you are really down?

I do not take anxiety medication or anything else...

Any natural remedy?

Tagged:

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,787
    edited September 2023
    Options

Amel,

I think most of us stage IV members understand how you feel and have experienced the same. Many of us have also taken anti-depressants, even if we resisted initially, as they do work. However, I understand that not everyone is comfortable with this idea. For me, keeping busy is the key to mood elevation. I am retired but still work part time at a job I adored (I was a teacher and sub in my former district). Exercise helps many too.
    I do not want to take away hope, as I believe there is always hope, so I hope you do find a cure. Unfortunately, there is currently no cure for MBC but new meds offer promise of longer survival times which may eventually lead to a cure. I should add that I have lived with mbc for twelve years but no one would consider me cured nor does anyone have an explanation as to why I have survived for so long. I am a true outlier. I don’t want this to discourage you but I think part of dealing with mbc and depression is that one remain hopeful but still very much grounded in reality. Lastly, if none of the “natural” suggestions help with depression you might give some serious thought to anti-depressants. Stage IV breast cancer is rough and it’s ok to get a little pharmaceutical help if needed. Take care

PS: No one can promise/predict how long a drug will work for you so I am sorry that someone made you believe that Ribociclib came with any promise of lasting any length of time. No oncologist should ever tell something like that to a patient, especially not someone who is metastatic.

• amel_83
    amel_83 Member Posts: 131
    Options

Thank you for your reply, you are really luky!

Yes i try to keep me busy all the time, and 1 hour a day of exercise, that help a lot too.

I think medication are not for me because everything give me an headache, even sleep aid...but I will definitely keep dping things and have hope! It is very important, and here I see many people living with mbc that are very brave and strong! I hope I can be like that too!

• zen1028
    zen1028 Member Posts: 45
    Options

Hi amel_83

I have random anxiety and depressive episodes due to the lupron still in me. I am blaming it cause I need a scapegoat for now😁. It has been affecting my appetite. I am talking to a therapist from the cancer center and also made an appointment to see an acupuncturist. I am not saying that this should be your route outside of medication but it does not hurt to talk to your medical team if those could be helpful to you.

I too dont want any medications. The anxiety has been impactful to the point where I need blood pressure meds. I was doing ok and got off it then recently it has gotten worst and now back on a different type of BP med.

• amel_83
    amel_83 Member Posts: 131
    Options

@zen1028

ThAnk uou for your experience, let me know how agopuncture will work for you.

I also read megnesium is good to regulate blood pressure. The doctor presctibed it to me dayly during pregnancy