Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Angiosarcoma

Options
landeros1
landeros1 Member Posts: 2

I have been diagnosed with angisarcoma. Caught very early and removed from breast. Actually double mastectomy. Stage 1. Now getting second opinion on treatment.

It is very very rare. Anyone out there with it?

Comments

• sdianel
    sdianel Member Posts: 22
    Options

I was diagnosed last week. Recommended treatment: chemo, radiation then mastectomy. Going for PET Scan this week for staging. They said it was caused by radiation I had in 2017 for breast cancer. I'm terrified. Also going to try to get into Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. They have Angiosarcoma group.

• saltygirl22
    saltygirl22 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I was diagnosed with angiosarcoma exactly 4 weeks ago. It all happened so quickly. My PET scans showed no signs of metastasis. My surgeon had me scheduled for a double mastectomy surgery and Sentennel lymp node removal immediately.

They believe because it was localized, they could get it all with surgery, but I wasn’t able to get reconstruction until they confirm that I wouldn’t need radiation therapy.

So Here I am, exactly one week post op and terrified to remove my bandages. I’ve covered up all my mirrors and honestly don’t want to see anything until my reconstruction surgery… it’s silly, I know, but my doctors were more concerned with saving my saving my life. For that I will forever be grateful.

I may have lost my breasts, but I get to live. I get to see my daughter grow up, go off to college, get married someday.

Of the three possible factors that caused my Cancer, the only one that makes sense is “chemical exposure”. I was unknowingly exposed to roundup weed killer for many years by the landscape company contracted by our management firm where I live. Unfortunately, it’s so rare of a cancer that no law firm is willing to take my case.

I guess there’s a grief process to this in a way… and apparently I’ve not yet reached “acceptance” yet.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,003
    Options

Hi @saltygirl22, and welcome to Breastcancer.org. We're so very sorry for the reasons that bring you you here, but we're really glad you've found us. You're sure to find our community a wonderful source of advice, information, encouragement, and support — we're all here for you!

We wanted also to ask if you've asked your doctor about genetic testing? According to Mayo, angiosarcoma can also be caused by having a BRCA1 or BRCA2 genetic mutation. Knowing this information may also help steer any further necessary treatment.

We hope this helps and please let us know else we can support you!

—The Mods