Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Long thin lump?

Options
Sunshine19822
Sunshine19822 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I have been on the community. My breast anxiety was pretty well under control. But recently I felt something very strange in my breast. I was massaging my breasts, I don't know why actually. And I came across some sort of longish lump/ridge. Maybe 3mm x 15 mm long. So almost like half a cooked spaghetti. It was way up high near my armpit so in the last bit of breast, in de tail op spence. I can only find it when I make a circle (when massaging) from under my breast to the top, so maybe I have been pushing up tissue? The lump is very close to the skin but I can only find it when I do the massage motion, otherwise I can't find it. Could this be a ridge that I am pushing together when massaging? Breast cancer seems unlikely, due to the measurements of the lump. I am not sure what to do, because I can't track it, it is nearly impossible to find it and if i do find it i can't seem to isolate it to check. Any advice on how to handle this? Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,990
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Sunshine19822 we're sorry you are here and worried about your breast, but glad you found us!

While it's natural to feel anxious when you notice something unusual, keep in mind that many breast lumps turn out to be benign. However, a doctor will be able to assess this, so it's always best to have it checked out. In the meantime, you might like to check out our page on Symptoms of Breast Cancer while you wait for others to chime in.

Best wishes, and please keep us updated on how you're doing.

The Mods

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 386
    Options

I had something like that after my biopsy. I thought it was probably something like Mondor's disease. Whatever it was didn't come back in pathology after my double mastectomy.