Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Report understanding...

Options
thisisall
thisisall Member Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi I'm a 34(f). I have been having ultrasound ds and mammos for about 3yrs (family history). I recently went in for follow-up US and my doctor didn't like the way the report was written, and that they didn't follow up previous findings. An addendum was made. This is the current report attached.

I don't fully understand the report, and I also have a new diagnostic mammo and US scheduled for Monday.

What does heterogeneous hypoechoic nodule mean?

Why was it changed from complex cyst to heterogeneous hypoechoic nodule?

Any clarification would be helpful.

Comments

• thisisall
    thisisall Member Posts: 2
    Options

Imaging redone yesterday.

Bi rads 4.

They want an MRI / biopsies.

They all have internal vascularity. And focal asymmetry on mammo.

Fingers crossed.

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 883
    Options

Hi @thisisall , Imaging really can't tell whether a nodule is benign so the biopsy should give some clarity. Let us know what happens. I hope you get a good result!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

@thisisall, welcome to our community. We are sorry that these changes to your breast health have brought you here, but glad you found us! While you are waiting for more tests to be done, you may want to check out this link for more resources and information about Common Imaging Questions. You may find this useful during this confusing time. We know the waiting is truly one of the hardest parts, so come here if you need to vent!

Good luck! We hope that this turns out to be nothing!

The Mods