Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Going from Letrozole to Faslodex

Options

I have been on Verzenio and Letrozole since my Stage 4 diagnosis 14 months ago. My Mets are in my left lung pleural lining and a node in my right axillary. I found out this week that my most recent PET/CT scan showed mild progression so my oncologist wants to keep me on the Verzenio but change me from Letrozole to Faslodex. I will start with my first loading dose Friday if the PA goes through today. 

I am VERY disappointed I only got a little over a year from the Letrozole so I wanted to know of anyone not having success with Letrozole but did have more extended success with Faslodex. My fear is since the Letrozole didn’t work long that I’m gonna run out of treatments quick. 

Also, I asked for the Foundation One test and my oncologist stated he found it best to wait on that until we come to a point where we are searching for a non estrogen approach.

Comments

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 763
    Options

Kasey, I am sorry you have had progression but it is good that it is mild progression. I think anytime there is progression we need to have a biopsy if possible to see if we have newly acquired somatic mutations such as PiK3CA and or ESR1. I would post your question to the stage IV verzenio thread:

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing. For me, faslodex has been easy to tolerate (I was on femara from 2009-2015 for stage 1 breast cancer).

\