Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

So Soon?!?!?

Options

I had local recurrence diagnosed back in May. Since my breast cancer is ER+, I decided to go ahead and have a complete hysterectomy in June while waiting for my full mastectomy to be scheduled in mid July. During my mastectomy, my plastic surgeon placed expanders. I had those filled once a week until they were replaced with memory gel implants in October. I started anastrozole about a month after my mastectomy. I had an oncologist follow up the Friday before Thanksgiving where I was prescribed a compound cream for the sexual side effects I am having along with another prescription to help with the joint and muscle pain and inflammation from the anastrozole, which so far is not helping (I have been miserable all around since my mastectomy. Physically and mentally MISERABLE!!!)

I visually noticed a bump on the outside of my right breast (not the breast that the cancer was in in 2019 and then again in May) last Wednesday. After feeling it, I noticed another one that I can feel but not see (of course, right AFTER seeing my oncologist), both about the size of a pea. One is close to my mastectomy scar, the other is not. I had a follow up with my plastic surgeon today and decided to ask him about it, almost absolutely sure he would say it had something to do with the implants, scars or sutures. Instead he looked like he had no idea what it could be and concerned without trying to look concerned. He had his nurse call my cancer center and now I am going in for an ultrasound in two days. He said they did not feel bad to him but we should go ahead and have an ultrasound done, just in case.

Has this happened to anyone else here? Can it be cancer that has popped up that quickly? I was told that all of the tissue that was removed during the mastectomy was negative for any cancer with the exception of the tumor they knew about. I am just so scared and angry that I am dealing with this again and so soon.

Comments

• needs.a.nap
    needs.a.nap Member Posts: 189
    Options

@jenni0102 you’ve really been through so much these past months! I wish I had some insight to answer your question but I don’t. I wanted to say Hi at least and hope you get an answer tomorrow.

• mandy23
    mandy23 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Hi @jenni0102 -

Just dropping in to give you a virtual hug and tell you I am so sorry for what you are going through! You're right. It's not fair that you are dealing with all of this. It sounds like you are being very proactive with trying to keep this bc beast away. Know that everything you are doing and all the decisions you have made are likely going to help with your long term health.

You are doing what you need to do. You are getting answers. Hopefully, you will find out its 'nothing' and move on. If not, take it one step at a time.

Thinking of you today as you go through the process.

We are here for you.

Take care.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,010
    Options

@jenni0102 While we can't provide specific medical advice, we want to reassure you that the discovery of a new bump doesn't necessarily mean it's cancer. Take things one step at a time, and we hope the ultrasound clarifies things for you.

Sincerely,

The Mods