Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Recurrence after nearly 6 years

Options

Just processing this new diagnosis. Five and a half years out from mastectomy, Had Stage I lobular as well as a small ductal tumor in right breast. Lump in armpit, took me seemingly ages to get a biopsy, which I had yesterday. Lobular cancer again. On some level I knew it wasn't the "scar tissue" people kept telling me it likely was. Letrozole for 5 years, until earlier this year.

I have an appointment with the surgeon (same one as last time) in a week. Pretty devastated but also just kind of numb. At the same time, my husband was recently diagnosed with early Parkinson's, and I want to be able to be here for him, as he does and will need help.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

Hi @miranda2060 ,

We're so very sorry to hear of this news. Please know we're all here for you as you process this and get your new treatment plan in place.

If you need some information, you might find this page helpful:

We hope you get some answers and clear direction soon. We know others will be by shortly to offer their encouragement and support — we're all here for you!

Please keep us posted.

—The Mods

• mandy23
    mandy23 Member Posts: 104
    Options

Hi @miranda2060 !

I'm so very sorry you had this happen. It really hits you in the stomach after you likely had finally started to believe you 'beat' it.

You are not alone in this…..19 years later for me….

Unfortunately, there is a whole forum area devoted to those of us who have been 'struck' more than once:

https://community.breastcancer.org/en/categories/second-or-third-breast-cancer

I guess the 'good' thing is you know that even though we do everything right, everything we were supposed to do…there are no guarantees and many of us have gone through it again and are here to support you.

Know that you beat it once and you WILL beat it again!

Take things one step at a time. Getting a plan in place will help you feel somewhat more in control.

Come on here and tell us how you're doing or VENT to your heart's content. We hear you and we understand.

Take care.

• miranda2060
    miranda2060 Member Posts: 207
    Options

Thank you ♥