Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Skin Mets?

Options

I have a red mark on my port scar for at least two weeks. It has not healed with corticosteroid for the past few days. The doctor does not think it is Mets. I’m planning to continue the corticosteroid before I go back to the doctor. It looks like the attached picture. Any chance it could be anything but Mets?

(Edited by Mods to remove photo. Posting pictures of symptoms is prohibited per our Community Rules)

Comments

• guoguo_1985
    guoguo_1985 Member Posts: 1
    Options

granuloma?

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,791
    edited December 2023
    Options

luck2468,

Even if the mods had not removed the photo, no one here can or should give any diagnosis or even guess if you have skin mets. Not only are we not doctors but more importantly we are not your doctor so it would be extremely irresponsible for any of us to venture a guess. That being said, skin mets are not usual with breast cancer. Not impossible (we do have some members with skin mets) but far less common. Your skin, whether on the breasts or anywhere else, is subject to all kinds of bumps, rashes, marks, etc. and most are not cancer. For now follow your doctor’s treatment plan and pursue the issue further if it doesn’t clear up. Take care

PS: Full disclosure ; I did see your pic before it was removed. I doubt that even a doctor would have been able to “diagnose “ anything based on the photo. Again, your skin is capable of manifesting many conditions that are not cancer.

• luck2468
    luck2468 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Just for future reference, this was a scarring/ inflammation and not skin mets as per the biopsy.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,791
    Options

Great news! I am so happy it turned out well.