Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Treatment/biopsy question - liver mets

Options

Have the answer I need - thank you!

Comments

• amel_83
    amel_83 Member Posts: 143
    Options

Sorry sbout that, I also have er+ her2-, with no mutations, and already progressed on kisquali and letrozole, after little more than one year. Now on xeloda, look loke is working though... I'm on it from only couple monts. So I have no many options either...

I read about many people that end up finding the right cure, after many different tryes...so don't give yourself an expiration please. Also in one year and half who know what medicines and cures are going to be out.

I had a liver biopsy at my first metastasis diagnosis, and wasn't that bad at all...when capecitabina is going to stop working I definitely want another one. A biopsy in loco is more precise than liquid biopsy.

I would may be insistent on it with your current doctor, if you like him/her. Switching doctor is stressfull, and also you don't know who you will find. But if you don't trust him, than go to somebody else, to have a good oncologist is very important.

I will also ask to the nurses here on this site, or the nurses on breastcancernow.com (they always answer really fast), what they think about, how important liver biopsy is, versus how dangerous.

And what about liver dissection? Is there an option?

I hope i could help you more...and I'm so sorry about your diagnosis...

Best wishes for everything, please keep us updated

• cblaurenceauthor
    cblaurenceauthor Member Posts: 11
    Options

I will also ask to the nurses here on this site, or the nurses on breastcancernow.com (they always answer really fast), what they think about, how important liver biopsy is, versus how dangerous.

Ooh, this is a very good idea. I've never been on breastcancernow.com. Will have to check it out and find the nurse on this site.

Thank you and best of luck to you as well!