Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Torn

Options
mountainsandme
mountainsandme Member Posts: 15

I wanted to delete my question but couldn't figure out how so I will just say I hope everyone has a nice day today!

Comments

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Whatever a WFPB diet is that you think will help, don't you think every oncologist would put their patients on it if it actually did. work instead of chemo and/or radiation? I didn't have to do chemo, although at your young age, it's possible you might. I had no problems or after-effects from radiation, now over 5 years ago. Many women take Tamoxifen without any side effects, or easily manageable ones. You're expecting the worst from treatments and completely disregarding the fact that a recurrence or spread of cancer is much worse.

• mountainsandme
    mountainsandme Member Posts: 15
    Options

I certainly never indicated that a change in diet would cure anything. I just stated that I had changed my diet because I feel like it helps. I am expecting the worst from treatments, unfortunately. However, I have decisions to make and I will make them with all of the information I can gather to make an informed one.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Why would you delete your question? Just because you didn’t like my comment? I'm sorry you thought I was being too rough, but cancer is serious and I got the impression, based on your own wording, that you thought you could manage your recurrence/metastatic risk after surgery by diet alone. You can't, and I won't apologize for saying that. I'll leave it to others to tell you that not everyone has problems with radiation or Tamoxifen, since you seem to not believe me. Good luck with whatever you decide.