Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Given my dx, should I adopt a dog?

2»

Comments

• claireinaz
    claireinaz Member Posts: 710

Hi Mavericksmom, I have not yet adopted. We went to London for a week in April, and I've been doing a lot of last minute filing of retirement paperwork and finishing up the semester. However, I sometimes look at the webpages for shelter dogs, and reached out to a foster dog mom about one. She didn't have much to report about how the pup would be with cats, and she was a little younger than what we wanted. Anyway, the foster mom decided to keep the doggy, so that made me happy that she is in a good home. That is as far as we got…

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

Here she is, Kelce, named after Eagles Jason Kelce (and his brother Travis). She is 12 1/2 pounds of pure cuteness! She is my Velcro dog a.k.a. My personal trainer and my mental health therapist! ❤️🐾❤️

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,647

Mavericksmom - She is absolutely adorable! Enjoy every minute with her.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605

mavericksmom, How Adorable your precious Kelce is!!!!!!! I love that she has a little Lamb Chop toy!!

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 159

@mavericksmom My dog also loves lamb chop although I'm afraid he's torn one to bits. He's 11 now and shiba inus live about 16 years. Maybe we'll be going into that goodnight together.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605
    edited May 11

tougholdcrow, what a baby doll your dog is!!!!! And how adorable he is behind the bleeding heart flowers!

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

tougholdcrow, your furbaby is sooo cute! Shibas's are super smart! They are also great escape artists, but oh so adorable!

divinemrsm, doesn't every dog need a Lamb chop toy? 😉