Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Confused

Options

Im a 2 time ILC breast cancer survivor. 

I’ve been watching a spot on my non- cancerous breast for the past 6 months. At times I think yes, there is definitely something there then the next day it is all but gone only to reappear again. I’m afraid if I make an appointment to have it checked it may have disappeared again. 

Has anyone had this happen? I know my surgeon said ILC can be tricky so I don’t want to miss anything.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments

• agapewins
    agapewins Member Posts: 4
    Options

Update;
    I had an US on the area of concern on my non-cancerous breast this morning. It presents as a small dimpling, visible to the naked eye and palpable.
    US doesn’t show anything, but after 2 US technicians and the Radiologist himself examined me they “think” it is a seam from the implant. They all can see it but it doesn’t show on US.
    Knowing that ILC can be sneaky, what should I do? I am still not convinced.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

I assume a Plastic Surgeon did your reconstruction. If you have doubts about the area being from a seam in your implant, I would suggest you make an appointment with your PS. They have experience in all things "implants" and while there are "firsts" for them too, he/she is the one who can help you. If you get no satisfaction there, see your breast surgeon.

There is no one here who can tell you what to do, but if you are still concerned see a doctor who can help you. My ILC was actually discovered on US.

Wishing you the best moving forward!