Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Battling triple-negative, non-hormone-sensitive metastatic breast cancer

Options
yvonne67
yvonne67 Member Posts: 1

Hello dear community,

My name is Yvonne, I am 56 years old and from the Netherlands, and I am currently battling metastatic, triple-negative, non-hormone-sensitive metastatic breast cancer.

After undergoing treatments with capecitabine and paclitaxel, my oncologists have identified Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan) as a potentially life-extending medication. Unfortunately, due to its high costs, it is not readily available in the Netherlands, though it is in other countries. Adding to the challenge, my insurance provider, IZZ, does not cover this medication if I would take the treatment abroad..

I am reaching out to this community for advice and shared experiences on several fronts:

1. Has anyone faced similar challenges in accessing Trodelvy, especially from abroad, and how did you manage?
  2. Are there other treatment options that have worked for people in similar situations?
  3. Does anyone know of financial aid programs or subsidies that could help cover the cost of such treatments?
  4. Can anyone recommend patient organizations or advocacy groups that provide support for cases like mine?
  5. Has anyone successfully sought a second opinion at a specialized cancer center, and how did it influence your treatment plan?
  6. Are there specific treatment methods or therapies that have recently been successful in extending the lives of patients with a similar diagnosis?

Your advice, suggestions, or any personal experience you’re willing to share would be incredibly appreciated. I believe in the power of community and the collective wisdom here.

Thank you so much in advance for your kindness and support.

Warm regards,
Yvonne

Comments