Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Understanding my ultrasound

Options

I have read this 100 times & just get more anxious.

Family history: mother has breast cancer at 73 years. Gene mutation

report below if someone can help me better understand please

Narrative & Impression

EXAM:BI 2D DIAGNOSTIC MAMMOGRAM BILATERAL; BI US BREAST LIMITED BILATERALPatient Name: MCPHERSON, KRISTIN . Date of Birth: 6/1/1975Date of Procedure: 3/26/2024Accession Number: AHS10590987; AHS10590988 HISTORY:R92.8-Other abnormal and inconclusive findings on diagnostic imaging of breast; Z80.3-Family history of malignant neoplasm of breast. TECHNIQUE:Digital bilateral breast exam was performed with full field 2-D imaging. CAD software was utilized in interpretation. COMPARISON:02/29/2024 FINDINGS:Persistent focal tissue asymmetry at the 9 to 10 o'clock position of the right breast, 3.4 cm from the nipple.Persistent focal tissue asymmetry at the 2 to 4 o'clock position of the left breast, 3.4 cm from the nipple. Targeted bilateral breast ultrasound was performed by the technologist. Irregular parallel hypoechoic 8 x 9 x 4 mm mass at the 2 o'clock position of the left breast, 3 cm from the nipple.Ill-defined irregular hypoechoic 1.1 x 1.3 cm anti parallel mass at the 3 o'clock position of the left breast, retroareolar. No right breast abnormality at the 9 or 10 o'clock positions. Density: Scattered fibroglandular tissue. IMPRESSION: Recommend ultrasound-guided biopsy of both left breast lesions detailed above.BI-RADS CATEGORY: 4 - Suspicious Finding(s).Recommendation: Ultrasound Guided Biopsy Recommended.Recall Interval: Immediate.Side: Left.

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 883
    Options

Hi @kmcpherson , I'm sorry that you have to go through the stress of a biopsy. The ultrasound report says there are two suspicious areas on your left breast that need to be biopsied. Unfortunately no type of imaging can tell whether or not a suspicious area is malignant which is why biopsies are done. BIRADS 4 has a very wide range of a 5% to 95% chance of the lesion being benign so that number doesn't give much information. Only after the biopsy and the pathology results (another wait) will you know what you are dealing with. Hopefully it will be nothing concerning. Come back and let us know how it goes.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

@kmcpherson we welcome you, and understand where you are. @maggie15 couldn't have said it better 💕. We hope that all is benign, and are sorry you have to go through the biopsy.

Please keep us posted, and try to breathe.

Warmly, Your Mods

• kmcpherson
    kmcpherson Member Posts: 2
    Options

thank you ladies! @maggie15 & mods! 💗

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

That's what we're here for 😘