Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MRI - Interpret results

Options

Hi all, I went in August 2023 for a mammogram and all was fine minus a few cysts and have been recommended to a high risk clinic due to family history. This month I had my first MRI and now waiting to do biopsy. While I endlessly Google would anyone be able to interpret these results? It seems like a very large mass to have not been detected in an ultrasound just 6 months ago:

RIGHT BREAST: There are scattered areas of fibroglandular tissue. Following the administration of intravenous contrast, there is mild background parenchymal enhancement. Segmental nonmass enhancement measuring 5.9 x 2.4 x 1.6 cm (AP x TV x CC) is present in the lower outer breast extending from the nipple to mid depth.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

Hi @summer630,

We are sorry to hear about the anxiety you are having with your recent MRI. Since members are not medical professionals, they can't interpret the results, but they can offer you support with the anxiety you are likely experiencing and sharing their own experiences. Even for those that are, it would be difficult to say without additional information, like seeing the imaging itself, and conducting the biopsy to get the additional data required to make an official diagnosis. Waiting is one of the most difficult parts, and it can be hard not to panic. Some ways of managing anxiety include: deep breathing or mindfulness-based stress reduction mind-body relaxation techniques, such as progressive muscle relaxation and grounding techniques.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,791
    Options

summer,

Waiting is very difficult and most of us can empathize with you. I totally agree with the mods. It would be irresponsible of us as non-medical professionals to provide you with an interpretation of a medical report. Can you contact your doctor or are you having a follow up appointment to discuss MRI findings? That would be your best route to an explanation. Take care