Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Changing time/symptoms, mets in lungs and spine

Options

I am very new to having stage 4 metastatic breast cancer to my lungs and spine. I was initially treated as stage 2 in 2019, had surgery and radiation and was placed on Tamoxifen. In June 2023, I developed this persistent cough that wa making it hard to breathe. I had a PET and biopsy in August that confirmed my cancer recurrence. I was still moving fine and working until February 2024 when my breathing became more difficult and I had to put on home oxygen. I was then told my treatment with Kisqali and Anastrazole was working and I would have to take traditional chemo. I began to have anxiety attacks about what this would mean for my life expectancy and how much it would devastate my family. I couldn’t walk more than 10 feet and had to be pushed in a wheelchair. My daughters were great in helping me get around. I have had my first cycle of chemo and feel much better with little side effects. Unfortunately, I just found out the regimen that works so well may be denied by my insurance, which I definitely plan to appeal. I’m feeling stronger and encouraged every day. This message is to remind you to listen to your bodies. Seek medical advice when you feel something is off because it could just save your life. No question is too small or dumb.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

Hello again, @supermom3332000! We're sorry you didn't get responses from other members here. Hopefully, our post will bring your thread up to the active topics and other members will join in to offer some support and encouragement. Also, we want to let you know we offer very supportive, moderated Virtual Community Meetups. We have different groups and times available, so if you are interested, please check them out here:

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Again, welcome to our community, and thank you for your post. Your message about listening to our bodies and seeking help when needed is incredibly important. It's a reminder we all need sometimes. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.

Sincerely,

The Mods