Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Looking for hope

Options

Hi, I am 45 and just recently had my first Mammo. I have very dense breasts which led me directly from mammo to ultrasound. The tech told me at least 5 or 6 times that my right breast was very “angry” and she understood why it was hurting. I have a biopsy scheduled for Thursday (one week after mammo/ut) and of course the anxiety is mounting. I feel fortunate that I’m getting in so early but somewhat worried they are rushing the process.

My ultrasound results are:

Asymmetries in both breasts consistent with partially obscured masses. A benign right breast calcification. Right breast multiseptated cyst measuring 1.1x1.1x1.1 cm which has multiple irregular margins and adjacent distortion. BI-RADS 4.

Everything I’ve read so far does not look good. Looking for a little support and hope 😊

Comments

• mandy23
    mandy23 Member Posts: 104
    Options

Hi @justlikethat01 -

Welcome to the community no one wants to be part of! Sorry you had to come here, but glad you have found us. At this point, no one knows whether your results are b.c. or not. Only after the biopsy will you know for sure. The good news is that they are going to get you answers fairly quickly….though the waiting is often excruciating. Even if it does turn out to be b.c. (and no one knows that yet), it does look like it is small which means it has been caught early, which usually leads to a better prognosis.

Hang in there. You WILL get thru this. We are here for you when you get your results, if you need us.

• justlikethat01
    justlikethat01 Member Posts: 3
    Options

@mandy23 Thank you for the response! Good to know that if the prognosis is bc, I have a place to come for support and reassurance. My husband is very optimistic and keeps telling me his gut says this is just a scare. My gut says otherwise. I haven’t told anyone other than my husband as I want to wait for the results first. Thank you for the kind words, it really means a lot.

• needs.a.nap
    needs.a.nap Member Posts: 185
    Options

Hello @justlikethat01. I’m really sorry you are going through this worry. We understand. I hope you will have a good result!